Other Young(ish) Professionals in SD Want to Hang Out?

jamiear

Oct 4, 2006
I am a 27 year old, single, female, American project manager working in a free zone outside of the city and, at least for now, living at the Hilton. I would like to meet other similar types (young-ish professionals, don't have to be single--this is not a dating post--and young is subjective) to hang out with here.

I really enjoy nice restaurants, and while even the "best" restaurants here don't always live up to what that would mean in a lot of US or European cities, I still like to dress up and go out to some of the hip restaurants here (let's say, at least for what's hip now, Sophia). And because I like good food, I like to find the places that aren't so hip, but that are just good (i.e., Lasagne). I like to drink wine. I also like to go to some "bohemio" or low-key typical (i.e., Falafel or El Sarten in the Zona) places for a beer once in a while. If there was a jazz club here, I would go there, too--maybe there is, do you know?

I would love to meet some people who want to go to Casa de Campo some weekends, but also aren't afraid to get their hands a little dirty, so to speak, and want to do more adventurous things like go to Jarabacoa, Bahia de las Aguilas, or chill in a surf town up north.

I have been "involved" with this country off and on for over five years, although I was here at all for two years until a year ago. Now I am going to be basically living here again, although I travel quite a bit.

Although I have met a lot of good people here, I have not met a lot of people who will or can roam outside of their "level" or norm here--so if you like some luxury and want to do nice things, but sometimes you like to do low-key, outdoors, or adventurous things, too, contact me.

I am single, yes, but I am NOT looking to date through this post!

Thanks,

Jamie

jroach@yahoo.com

Mackey

Feb 25, 2007
A couple of questions for you...

Hey Jamie...

I'm writing to you because I got your email address of the DR1 website....

I'm sorry I'm not really able to respond to your post for the reasons that you posted, but you seem down to earth, and I wondered if you wouldn't mind if I asked you a couple of questions....I'm a 28 year old single female, really contemplating moving to DR, but I'm picky about what I want to do there for work....you give the impression that you're in a professional line of work, and I'm wondering what line of work in particular you're in...? My education is in Social Work and Social Services, and I'm having such a crazy hard time trying to find anyone who works anywhere but in a resort-type setting, which to be honest, isn't really what I'm looking for. Any insight you could offer would be helpful to me at this point - I'm having the hardest time finding contacts for jobs in either government (which is what I do now) or any other professional type setting and you seem like you might be the person I want to talk to!!

Please email me if you wouldn't mind chatting about it....my email address is melissamackey@ntl.sympatico.ca. I tried to email you, but it was returned to me stating the address was not valid....

Good luck with your post!!

Melissa

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Posting emails. The board is spidered all the time by search engines and spiders trying to leach email addresses. If you want to avoid getting spam, you should not post email addresses, we offer a blind email and private messaging system to avoid spammers, use it.

Next...

Jamie, you might get a better response if you post something like... "Trying to get a few people together for a night out at xxxxxx, anyone interested post here".

Add my name to the list ;)

jamiear

Oct 4, 2006
Yes, I think early 30s counts as youngish. As would 40s, and so on. Just because I am 27, doesn't mean my friends have to be ;) Let me know if you are interested in getting together.

Feb 7, 2007
Hey Jamie,
I am 26/M, and though "married" I am open to new friendships. Have been couple of times to Jarabacoa, Constanza, have done Lago Enriqiullo (I love travelling, well, I have a travel/tourism company). I will be in Hilton tomorrow for 1 night, so if you want we can have some chat.
If you get the "group" together of the "youngish" people that want to do adventurous things around the country, I can certainly help.
Get back to me on PM, I will send you my cell number.

George