Insurance for Condo

ABT

Feb 23, 2007
Hi Everybody -

We just bought a condo on the North Coast and are trying to figure out how to insure the apartment. Some questions we have are:

(1) How much should we insure the apartment for - the amount we paid for it or the replacement value,
(2) What insurance companies do people work with and what has your experience been with them,
(3) What types of policies are offered in the DR and how much should we expect to pay.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have a condo on the North Coast and have it insured with Angie Wolf (angie@internet.net.do). She not only has insurance but also is one of those businesses that sets you up to get your mail delivered to the DR via a Miami address.

I only use her for insurance - she was recommended by my attorney and I'm very pleased with her. She's been in the Sosua area for about 15 years - originally from Canada and is located on Pedro Clisante almost to the end going towards Puerto Plata.

Ro

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I also recommend Angie Wolff. She represents Seguros Popular. The condominium where I live has had its insurance with her for a number of years.

Our condominium has insurance on the building, and owners who wish to have it buy insurance on the contents. Doesn't your condominium have insurance on the building against earthquake, hurricane, fire, etc? The insurance on the building covers everything that was part of the original construction for full replacement value. We are insured in dollars, not pesos.

Talk with Angie about your options. Her office is in Sosua Business Services 809-571-3451. If you are not in the country at present, you can email her at angie@internet.net.do

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Condo Insurance

Check with the condo manager to see what your association has for insurance so as not duplicate what you are already paying for with your association dues.