Santiago Monumento Area WIFI

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
According to this article the area around "El Monumento" is now a free WIFI area. Very cool...hopefully more and more cities will follow this example and hopefully with the advent of Wimax wireless access will become ubiquitous one day...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Good luck, the place in monumento has no electric outlets and the place is full of pocket pickers, thieves and hookers. You will surely lose your laptop to a thug. Last Saturday night a girl was urinating in the small trees and all of a sudden 3 small kids jumped her and roughed her up, she finally ended up losing her cell phone and money. The poor girl couldn't defend herself with her pants half down and peeing. The kid ran away and left the girl crying out loud, hysterically. Then after 30 minutes or so, the kids reappeared far away in at the bottom of the monumento. The girl instantly recognized them and pointed them out. Next minute the girl's boyfriend and few more guys ran down to deliver some serious dominican ass whippin. Then the police was informed, needless to say the kids were apprehended and were shown a good ass whippin with the billy-club. I think the girl got her stuff back and the kids got locked up. Now imagine if some people are seen with their new laptops siting around in monument chatting. How long would it take before the thieves come up with a plan to take it away from you?
AZB

Jun 5, 2004
I am glad to hear that the area around el Monumento has Wi-Fi but due to this I know that alot of laptops are going to be stolen. Hopefully the Dominican police will do something to prevent this and let the people to enjoy the service. I believe that the airport at STI also has WIFI access I'm not sure but the airport is definitely safer than el monumento.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wifi in sti cibao airport is fast and comes with a strong signal.
AZB

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The PUCMM area is very safe and fast, you can seat by the outside cafeterias and use the electric outlets and small tables...