The Best Beach for a 25 year old guy from New York in the North

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgringopapijudio

Feb 27, 2007
Hey my names Rob.

im a 25 year old guy from New York City

I am coming down to your beautiful island next weekend(march9th) and will be there until March 18th.

I will be staying in santo domingo for 2 days and then renting a car or bussing it to the north. I am going to be travelling alone, so id like to find a beautiful beach( not Punta Cana- I hate resorts and american style places) I want to be on beautiful untouched beaches where I can meet cool local people and be surrounded by amazing nature-- Are there any amazing beaches where i can swim in beautiful crystal clear waters during the day, and at nite party with cool locals and other young people and travellers. I want to avoid and stay away from places like punta cana.

Since I am travelling alone i want to be in a place where there are cool locals that I can go out with at night, and other young travellers.

I have been researching and found places like rio san juan to be quite interesting.

Can you tell me about rio san juan and other cool places up there that you think i woudl like

Gracias,
Paz y amor

Rob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rio San Juan would be a good starting place.
Playa Caleton & Playa Grande are both nearby, and it wouldn't be difficult to go East or West of there to find even more isolated beaches.
The North coast is chock full of beaches.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
But Is Rio San Juan A Good Place To Meet Other Young People And Travellers
No.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.
If you want
beautiful untouched beaches
, then there will be no people to meet.
If you want to meet lots of people, then the beaches will not be untouched.
That being said, you could stay in Cabarete and be with other people your age, and when you get an urge for an "untouched" beach, get onto the public transport and travel out to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.