best nightclub in Santiago

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
First of all, you don't call them night club if you refer to francifol cafe or tribecca bar. They are called bars or disco, not night club. The word "night club" in dominican republic means a strip joint or a whore house.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
I agree....there are so many different venues. and in each type there are a few places that pack the people.

I have been to Francifol when you needed a shoe horn to move around...packed solid....and some people even tried to dance in that 6x6 foot area they call a dance floor. With a place so packed there is little mingling.

AMBI's1 used to have the best overall music I think. They mixed in enough reggatone with Bachatta and merenge to make everyone happy and even would throw in a few salsa numbers each night...but they closed for some reason.

the places downtown like francifol and ahi bar dont really have dancing...they are just drinking bars the way i see it. Zoom Lounge seemed to have the a newer format...but it is very young and it is tooooo small. that format in a larger building would be nice once in a while. Thats what i would call a DISCO..

not a place like Monte Tipico ranchero....whioch plays almost all bachatta-merenge....and has bands regularly....it gets very crowded, but I wouldnt call it a disco, because no american music is played and very rarely is a reggatone song played ...(that i have seen in the last year)

The new club Dizzy Ranch..is just like Monte Tipico Ranchero....but they seemed to play a lot more Salsa...teh one time I went there....it is a good sized place and spread out. with the high ceiling it would appear to be cooler than a place like Monte Tipico Ranchero is...with their super low cieling( which holds the heat on a hot night).

I have never been to Tribecca......

You need to speak up what your tastes are to get a better answer

bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I agree....there are so many different venues. and in each type there are a few places that pack the people.

I have been to Francifol when you needed a shoe horn to move around...packed solid....and some people even tried to dance in that 6x6 foot area they call a dance floor. With a place so packed there is little mingling.

AMBI's1 used to have the best overall music I think. They mixed in enough reggatone with Bachatta and merenge to make everyone happy and even would throw in a few salsa numbers each night...but they closed for some reason.

the places downtown like francifol and ahi bar dont really have dancing...they are just drinking bars the way i see it. Zoom Lounge seemed to have the a newer format...but it is very young and it is tooooo small. that format in a larger building would be nice once in a while. Thats what i would call a DISCO..

not a place like Monte Tipico ranchero....whioch plays almost all bachatta-merenge....and has bands regularly....it gets very crowded, but I wouldnt call it a disco, because no american music is played and very rarely is a reggatone song played ...(that i have seen in the last year)

The new club Dizzy Ranch..is just like Monte Tipico Ranchero....but they seemed to play a lot more Salsa...teh one time I went there....it is a good sized place and spread out. with the high ceiling it would appear to be cooler than a place like Monte Tipico Ranchero is...with their super low cieling( which holds the heat on a hot night).

I have never been to Tribecca......

You need to speak up what your tastes are to get a better answer

bob

What the Heck is a Monte Tipico Ranchero?, hahahahhaha
I believe you mean Rancho Tipico and Monte Bar.
To the Op, those bars are located directly behind one another in Las Colinas, other than that Bob is right on with the others, I believe that one of the only places that have a large dance floor to boogie is BiU Pub.

Sep 19, 2005
yeah what richard said.......you can come save me anytime richard.

I definately go that name backwards.......

how is the Biu pub?

I have only been twice ..once for Eddy herrera......an dit was only half pack..although they were almost all ladies.... and then another time..where we left after 15 minutes it was so dead.

we also went to a huge concert out in the parking lot once there....that was all funk and rap.....only the view was good.. ha ha ha .... BACKWARDS..not at the stage!! ha ha

bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
yeah what richard said.......you can come save me anytime richard.

I definately go that name backwards.......

how is the Biu pub?

I have only been twice ..once for Eddy herrera......an dit was only half pack..although they were almost all ladies.... and then another time..where we left after 15 minutes it was so dead.

we also went to a huge concert out in the parking lot once there....that was all funk and rap.....only the view was good.. ha ha ha .... BACKWARDS..not at the stage!! ha ha

bob

I heard BiU pub changed their name to something? Haven't been there in a while, young crowds and loud music isn't my cup of tea. But I went to the grand opening of Mist (formerly Don Quixote) across the street from Ahibar on a Thursday and the place was packed, probably because Kerumbanda performed. But that Friday and Saturday, the place was a ghost town. A friend of a friend opened a club in Moca, I'll try and find the name.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've been in it just once, but Bembe Bar seems to attract the "beautiful people", based on the Beemers, Hummers, and Benz's parked in front. It's small, but seriously upscale.

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
dulce was sweet

The Newest and Hottest Club is Dulce Lounge in Zona Rosa.

i went to dulce last nite. music was pumpin. girls were jumpin. they travelled in packs, but they all were very approachable and none seemed trashy. -emt

djlawlaw

Jul 6, 2006
Hmm, baby I will stop working, put down the pen, and head out this month. I have not been out in about two or three weeks. Maybe I will do some exploring.