Business Networking - North Coast

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Is there a Business Networking Group already established in the POP/Sosua area? if not, is anyone interested in forming one?
I don't mean to be trite when I say 90% - 95% pf business is done on the networking system here - it is 'who knows who that does what & where' that keeps the family businesses ticking over quite successfully.

What, where, who do you need to know? Send me a PM & I'll see who I know that might be able to help! ~ Grahame.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I would be very interested in forming a proper business association. Let's set up a meeting point and get it started! Las Canas has plenty of space and I would gladly host the first organizational meeting.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Isn't there a C?mara de Comercio in POP???

If you want to, call the American Chamber of Commerce in Santo Domingo and see if they have a POP chapter.

Also the AIREN (The Associacion de Industriales Region Norte)

Or go invent the wheel...

HB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There is a chamber of commerce group here already.

DavidZ - were you referring specifically to an expat group or a general group?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'm thinking (at least initially) an expat group. But anyone who does business in the DR is welcome. Those that have friends/connections/associates in the DR government or business sector would be encouraged to invite them to meetings and/or provide an introduction or contact information. Looks like we may just go ahead and re-invent the wheel here...from what Ive seen, Im not crazy about the current wheels in motion! That being said, we can reach out to the established groups, Chamber of Commerce, AIREN, as well as The Rotary, Lions, etc down the road.

So...anyone interested, post here or PM me. Let's try to get together in the next week or two...first meeting will be at Las Canas (thanks Judy!)