Thread: Documentation Requirement for ferry travel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Documentation Requirement for ferry travel

Does anyone know if ferriesdelcaribe requires a passport to board a ferry (and disembark) from PR to DR? I called the state department and they said that a passport is not required for travel within the carribean by sea but that individual companies may have their own requirements.

I dont have my birth certificate with me; my wife actually has a copy with her in the DR as I gave her one to keep while we wait for immigration interview. I will have my birth certificate at the port for arrival in Santo Domingo and on my return trip but I will not have it with me when I leave from Mayaguez PR.

I tried calling the number on the website but nobody answered any of the numbers and have I sent an email as well. If anyone here has solid info (based on ferriesdelcaribe document requirements and not state dept requirements) to give to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

According to this poster posted on their website you dont need a passport but give them a call at (787) 832-4800 http://www.ferriesdelcaribe.com/ferries-color-2.jpg