Flare Gun

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
I'm looking to buy a flare pistol not to use it as a gun but for signalling purposes.
I know I can buy it on the Internet, but I'm afraid it may be stopped on customs, so I would like to buy it here, preferably in the North Coast or Santiago, but if I had to go to Sto. Domingo I will.

Does somebody know where I can buy it please?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i would try a marine supply kinda place, flare guns are routine on boats.....illegal to use on land or water in non-emergerncy in US,,,,,,,,i find them a bit uncomfortable worn in the waistband and too bulky for ankle though,,,,,but they do impress the ladies......................

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Getting the flares here would be the big problem. They are not supposed to be shipped by air unless special precautions that increase the price are taken.

Your best bet are the marine stores in Santo Domingo and the south coast. Or you might be able to buy one from somebody on one of the sailboats in Luperon.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
Thank you very much for the information Ken.

I will ask Business Mail in POP if they know what problems may cause bringing flares here from my Miami mailbox, and if there is much trouble I will have to travel to Santo Domingo instead ordering them online.

Do you remember any marine stores names or location?

The yellow pages (both printed and online) are a mess here, so I could not find any useful information.

Ben

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
any help ? Marine Agents

Thank you very much for the information Ken.

I will ask Business Mail in POP if they know what problems may cause bringing flares here from my Miami mailbox, and if there is much trouble I will have to travel to Santo Domingo instead ordering them online.

Do you remember any marine stores names or location?

The yellow pages (both printed and online) are a mess here, so I could not find any useful information.

Ben

Paginas Amarillas (List)