Thread: Moving to DR

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Moving to DR

I am moving to the DR in April. I purchased a one way ticket and I noticed on several websites that a return ticket was required for entry into the DR. Does anyone have experience with this.

All advise appreciated:
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Wink NOT required

I went and stayed for 8 months a couple of years ago.

I have NEVER been asked to show round trip ticket.

I have purchased a ticket at POP more than once.

They dont hassle you as far as I know.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I think it depends.......

...where you are coming from and what airline you have booked with.

I have never had a problem booking on a one way charter flight from the UK....at POP I think they just assume that because you are travelling on a charter that you are there on holiday and hence have bought a return ticket.

However I do know that they are more strict when you are flying on a scheduled flight from the US or Canada, for example. I have friends who have been made to purchase a return ticket in the US or Canada before being able to get on the plane.

Where are you coming from and have you booked on a charter or scheduled?Daydream

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Residency?

....you said you are moving there, in which case if you decide to get your residency then any travel into the country thereafter does not require the purchase of a return ticket.

Daydream

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't there a part on the customs entry form where you are supposed to indicate your flight numbers, place you are staying, length of stay, and the purpose?
    I would just fill this in as if I was going for a 1 or 2 week holiday to avoid any potential hassles or propina requests.