What the laws on handguns, switch blades+concealed weapons?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
THey are not allowed in the clubs. The club owners are held responsible if the police do a random check and find guns etc on patrons in the club. They can and will be shut down.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Guns

(1) You need a license to own a gun, limit was and probably still is a maximum of two guns.

(2) You need an additional license to carry a gun concealed.

(3) Gun must be concealed at all times.

(4) Guns not allowed at sporting events, places that dispense alcoholic drinks, etc.

There are more things that one needs to know about guns here........

Such as,

NO, you can not bring a gun into the Dominican Republic,
NO, you can not bring ammunition into the Dominican Republic, etc....

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
planner and SantiagoDr are both correct...A switchblade? I haven't seen one of those in years.. They do not allow guns in bars /clubs in the US or Canada..Why do you think they have the handheald metal detectors at the front door at the clubs here...The Dr is no exception...Bring your smile and your pesos and enjoy the club..sit with your back to the wall if you like..They are being searched for your safety so you and others like you can enjoy your evening without having to worry about being caught in a crossfire,over a dope deal or a woman with a jealous EX..

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Surprised to hear this

(1) You need a license to own a gun, limit was and probably still is a maximum of two guns.

(2) You need an additional license to carry a gun concealed.

(3) Gun must be concealed at all times.

(4) Guns not allowed at sporting events, places that dispense alcoholic drinks, etc.

There are more things that one needs to know about guns here........

Such as,

NO, you can not bring a gun into the Dominican Republic,
NO, you can not bring ammunition into the Dominican Republic, etc....

I am shocked to read this and trust it t be valid . While in POP last year I was in a open air bar about 2 PM . A local pulled a gun and waived it around like a mad man. I was scared beyond belief, however when I looked at the locals in the bar they did not seem near as concerned.Thankfully a huge Domincan in the corner noticed I was terrififed and ushered me over to sit beside him while the ordeal played out. The guy with the gun eventually went out to the street with gun in hand , got into a truck and left. The police were never called. I assumed that this type of behaviour must be somewhat normal based on the reaction of the other clientel. I do not speak Spanish and this whole ordeal played out in spanish at loud volume so I may have lost something in the translation . At any rate I was scared to death but the thing I remember most was the kindness of the huge Dominican (I am guessing 6'5" , 250 lbs) who made me feel as safe as possible while a drunk waives a gun and yells in a language that is foreign to me.
I lived to talk about it and look forward to going back :glasses: