Armed Robbery in Sosua Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I understand there was a robbery last night in the condominium next to Blue Bayou. Reportedly two men held a knife to the throat of the man in the condo and robbed him. They then may have climbed the wall to Blue Bayou with intent to rob there, but the shouting prompted by the first robbery caused them to run off.

I was told this by an owner living in Blue Bayou this morning, but as of then he didn't have all the details. It was his understanding the 2 men were dark skinned, probably Haitian.

Does anyone have more specifics?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
According to the president of the neighboring Blue Bayou, the robbery occurred at 7 am today. Two men with knives got into an apartment in the neighboring condominium, tied up the 2 occupants and stole whatever money they could find.

He said there was evidence they also tried to climb the wall to Blue Bayou, bushes that line the wall are broken. But apparently when the shouting and screaming started from the building where the robbery occurred they ran off.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dark Skinned"???????????

Well that narrows it down! The police should have no problem locating them!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

wsj3

Sep 16, 2004
Thats too bad.

I stay at the Bayou all the time and have never had any problems. I hope no one was injured.

Peace:
WSJ3
:)

Spud101

Mar 12, 2004
I was staying at that hotel when it happened and was in the guest house right below them. I was awaken by their voices, which at first i thought might have been an argument, but i could then hear it escalate to the sound of terror. I thought it might have been some medical emergency and went out of my room and looked up towards their room. After a few seconds the couple appeared on their balcony and were obviously shaken up. They had received a knock on their door and when they opened it, 2 men with machetes came in the room.

They had been there for 3 weeks and that was their last day there. I had arranged to move up into their room after they left, so it would have been me if it had happened the following day.

A chilling experience, but lessons to be learned are, never open your door like that and it would be wise to carry some personal security device that emits a very loud sound, which i'm sure would have scared away the robbers.
I'm going back there in 2 weeks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was staying at that hotel when it happened and was in the guest house right below them. I was awaken by their voices, which at first i thought might have been an argument, but i could then hear it escalate to the sound of terror. I thought it might have been some medical emergency and went out of my room and looked up towards their room. After a few seconds the couple appeared on their balcony and were obviously shaken up. They had received a knock on their door and when they opened it, 2 men with machetes came in the room.

They had been there for 3 weeks and that was their last day there. I had arranged to move up into their room after they left, so it would have been me if it had happened the following day.

A chilling experience, but lessons to be learned are, never open your door like that and it would be wise to carry some personal security device that emits a very loud sound, which i'm sure would have scared away the robbers.
I'm going back there in 2 weeks
Is that the apartment/condo building right next to Blue Bayou, called Perla De Sosua?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Well that narrows it down! The police should have no problem locating them!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
99% sure it's Haitians. The police should visit the construction site nearby and find out who didn't show up for work. Then they should...Aww never mind. The victims are leaving. They'll just forget it.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
99% sure it's Haitians. The police should visit the construction site nearby and find out who didn't show up for work. Then they should...Aww never mind. The victims are leaving. They'll just forget it.

If you check the date this was originally posted - not only the victims have left, but the intruders probably have many more offences under their belt. This happened last year 03/04/2007 !!

Marlie

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If you check the date this was originally posted - not only the victims have left, but the intruders probably have many more offences under their belt. This happened last year 03/04/2007 !!

Marlie
Actually I posted that last year. LOL. I'll have to pay more attention to the dates.

Spud101

Mar 12, 2004
It's on the other side of Blue Bayou.
It's a small place called Koch's Oceanfront and has about 8 rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.