Hotel Kaoba

Status
Not open for further replies.

city of champions

Jan 5, 2007
I'll be staying at Hotel Kaoba in a few weeks, thanks to the great reviews on this board! For anyone who has stayed there, I have a few questions..

I am staying in a standard room. Is there anything I should bring that the hotel doesn't provide, such as bath towels or beach towels? Also, I have read about leaving gifts for the maids...any suggestions? And is this in lieu of a tip, or should I leave both? I'm bringing a portable alarm clock. Thanks!

MizCreant

Jul 6, 2006
Hotel Kaoba - Towels!

My husband and I stayed there last month for three days. Yes, do take beach towels as they aren't provided. Also, take a bar of soap! We had a room with a kitchenette and small fridge. Even a balcony facing the lagoon. For some reason, there was no soap in the shower. Harrumph. But I always take my favorite brand of soap with me when I travel, so no problem. You will enjoy Hotel Kaoba. Have a drink and sit at the tables in the front of the Hotel and watch Cabarete drive by. Great fun!!
Enjoy :smoke:

MizCreant

Jul 6, 2006
Tipping

Oops - Forgot about the tipping question. Money is always appreciated, so we left Pesos. The amount is up to you.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The alarm clock is a good idea. Otherwise you don't need anything. You can take a towel to the beach, but you may want to rent a beach on the beach. It's one of nicest an most reasonably priced hotels in Cabarete.

Status
Not open for further replies.