pico duart

yogibear

Jan 27, 2007
i have been to the dominican republic many time so i would like to try something different this time like pico duarte anyone done it whats it like

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Not trying to discourage anybody, but Pico Duarte is overrated. By the way, has all the graffiti been painted over? Climbing Pico Duarte (altitude about 3300 meters) is no big deal, there's no rapelling to do, no snow... versus say Mount Everest (altitude about 8800 meters). I suggest taking a detour on the way, and trek/camp at Valle del Bao or Valle del Tetero. Go ahead, take your grandmother along, she can handle it!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Not trying to discourage anybody, but Pico Duarte is overrated. By the way, has all the graffiti been painted over? Climbing Pico Duarte (altitude about 3300 meters) is no big deal, there's no rapelling to do, no snow... versus say Mount Everest (altitude about 8800 meters). I suggest taking a detour on the way, and trek/camp at Valle del Bao or Valle del Tetero. Go ahead, take your grandmother along, she can handle it!
Lonely Planet's guide book reports that the cabins along the way are rat infested, and that info has been confirmed by a few visitors.
Maybe it's time for them to clean up their acts.