Hi everyone

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
I have a few questions that I hope I can be helped with. We are looking on coming down to the DR again very shortly and searching for a villa. I have been looking at all the real estate sites and have a fair idea on what I am looking for. I have a few questions on obtaining residency for myself, husband and son. I hope someone here will know the answers or where to find them. I was born here in Canada as was our son. My husband moved to Canada as a 6 year old child with his family in the 60's. I understand that we need to have our passports and birth certificates to get residency. Can someone explain all the steps to me in how/what we need to do ,( all other documents etc), in order to get residency??? I am not sure if because my husband was born somewhere else that will have a big impact. I am sure I will have more questions and I thank you in advance for your help.:;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's the info DR1 - Legal. I don't really think it matters where your husband was born. Is he a Canadian Citizen now?

Unless you speak and write Spanish it's best to contact a lawyer to do it for you once you are in the DR.

Good luck

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Thank you

Yes my husband is a Canadian citizen now. Thanks for the reply.;)

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i have been going back and forth between the DR and US for 17 years. i have never gotten a cedula. i do pay a little extra upon leaving but i figure it's all part of the cost of the trip, tkt, taxi, parking, food in airport, whitestone bridge 8$, over stay visa $, etc. etc. you can get your residency easy enough when you get here. i would put it on the list of little things that should get done, nothing to lose sleep over. but, this being the DR , you will have big things to do.. they are part of the beauty of lifes' experience and no one on this board can prepare you for them.............enjoy the ride...