Peninsula dive recommendations??

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
I am searching for some guidance on good dive sites, dive centers, etc. to go diving in the greater Samana area.

Any divers from the Samana Peninsula care to weigh in on good local dive sites and where to get tanks, etc?
Thanks!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
There is a full-service dive shop located at Casa Marina Bay resort in Las Galeras. There are a number of good dive sites at this end of the peninsula. Check with them.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Check out Martin Tolkdsdorf's place in Las Terrenas, Stellina Diving . Paolo from Aligio Beach Resort has moved his diveshop to Cacao Beach. Next to the Tropic Banana hotel is the French place Tropical Diving.

SamGompers

Mar 14, 2004
I have only used Stellina - - located on Playa de las Ballenas - - about a year ago. Good equipment, friendly folks, and some decent dive spots. Not world class diving but fun. Dives were a bit pricey - - but it is Las Terrenas and more remote from supplies and crowds/competition. To be honest, I found the snorkeling in LT to be so superior that I managed to fit in a couple of dives. Enjoy!

Laurie-Ontario

Oct 10, 2006
Centro de Buceo Las Galleras

My husband went out with this dive operater. Havier and Ricardo I believe were their names. Havier is a very interesting guy with a colourful background and great stories. My husband hadn't dove in quite a few years, but said it was great. All came back to him like riding a bike. Ricardo took lots of underwater photos on the two dives and for 20.00 my husband got a personal CD. Great memento. He also heard the whales singing underwater which he said was really cool.