please help, does anyone know

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
hi im trying to contact verizon/codetel in santiago but i live abroad i need to find out what type of residential plans they offer because i call my girlfriend in santiago but i call her cellphone and anyone whos done that knows its a complete ripoff. so if she gets a separate residential like i can save alot of money in the long run. so if anyone knows the # to codetel in santiago i would greatly appreciated i have looked online but cant find it.... hillbilly, azb i know i can count on you guys.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Tel 3 advantage prepaid phone service good from any phone in US and reasonable rates .

Sep 19, 2005
ISNT the op asking about calling FROM the DR ...TO...the US?

thus the calling cards and TEL 3 are not options.( I subscribe to TEL 3 now myself)

be careful while the plan may save you money by the minute...once the GF has cart blanche...and doesnt get throttled back by NOT having a tarjeta to put minutes into her phone....she just might start calling everyone and every place twice as much as she used to....thus running her monthly bill through the roof....and killing any savings you though were coming.

I know aprox... .30 cents minute doesnt seem to good....but knowing a girl has to budget her minutes....is better than giving her an open account....that you get suprised by at the end of the month

bob

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It is possible to get a plan which does not allow long distance without using a calling card (calling from a phone in the DR).

That would help to control phone costs. However, local calling is another story.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, there are plans that include annulment of 1 and 0 on the phone. Thus a calling card is needed....All my phones are like that....

HB

canadianwoman

Feb 7, 2007
My contact in the DR has a 829 number, I live in Canada & use a Call World card from 7-eleven to call him. For a $20.00 card I get about 600 mins. I think thats a terrific rate.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, you can block long-distance, but only the OWNR of the line can put the restriction on the line, and remove the restritin as well at owner's own choosing.
So LD control does nto work for you, because if she puts the line in, it will be in HER name, and SHE will have complete control over the line.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well, you can block long-distance, but only the OWNR of the line can put the restriction on the line, and remove the restritin as well at owner's own choosing.
So LD control does nto work for you, because if she puts the line in, it will be in HER name, and SHE will have complete control over the line.

And there will be a nice deposit, which the OP will have to fund.

This sounds like trouble, no matter which way you look at it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Do It!!!!!!!

Too many "downside" risks to let a Dominican have access to a phone where someone else pays the bill! You will get the line installed,and then after paying all that expense,the bills will start to pile up at HUGE numbers,and the phone will be "shut off" and you will ahve to foot the bill!

TRUST ME!!!!

Plus,when you call her cell phone she answers and "SAYS" that she is at home,and you can talk to her. If you call the house,you will get her mother,who will say that your girlfriend just left for the "Colmado" !!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

C

Chip00

Too many "downside" risks to let a Dominican have access to a phone where someone else pays the bill! You will get the line installed,and then after paying all that expense,the bills will start to pile up at HUGE numbers,and the phone will be "shut off" and you will ahve to foot the bill!

I will agree with CC on this. I don't know what causes otherwise good people to take advantage of their neighbors phone but it has happened to quite a few of my family members. It must be something taboo in the dominican culture to confront friends/family about dialing long distance w/o permission that allows this widespread problem to continue. Don't activate the 1 or 0 as HB says at all costs if you will be footing the bill. FYI, phone rates here are 3 to 5 times or more expensive that they are in the states. There is a real racket here. Welcome to our world without monopoly protection - the consumer is ALWAYS wrong and ALWAYS ABUSED here!