Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Looking for Condo Rental in North Coast for 6 months

Hi Everyone,
    After more than 2 years of lurking on the DR1 board and learning about the DR, we have recently made plans to visit for 6 months, mainly the North Coast area. My wife and I work on the internet trading the Forex market (24 hours, 5 days a week) and therefore absolutely require a condo which offers:

- 1 bedroom, full size kitchen
    - Reliable 24 hours Power Backup (we will bring a UPS but this will be for equipment safety more than backup).
    - Reliable High Speed Internet, if possible 1,5 Mbit/s ADSL. I have 2 computers which will be connected and will bring my wireless/router.
    - A backup internet solution (like a dialup monthly plan in case the ADSL goes down).

Along with this we would like a condo which is in walking distance to the beach and shops (Sosua or Cabarete), with a nice pool and good security.

We are planning to visit from approx the 1st of May until 1st of November 2007. We are looking forward to this trip and hope to be able to return each year. We have read many post and also looking forward to meeting some of you.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Jon & Alison

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending what you can afford. Ocean Dreams has many long term rentals. Their really nice and you can negotiate because there are a lot in the off season. Just down the road is Royal Residence. New and nice but not OD. Bothe are in Cabarete. I'm sure there are others but I wouldn't have any trouble staying at either one. Both are safe and Od is like a very upscale condo in the US. It depends on what you want.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Here are a couple, you can try.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rocky. Are the El Neptuno & Tradewinds, the same condos as advertised on the link Vince sent? Just wondering as the pictures and price seems a bit different.

Thanks, Jon

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Thanks Rocky. Are the El Neptuno & Tradewinds, the same condos as advertised on the link Vince sent? Just wondering as the pictures and price seems a bit different.

Thanks, Jon
    not the same

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Oriole,
    Ocean Dreams surely sounds great and upscale which would be nice but might be a bit out of our price range as we are trying to save at the same time. Our plan would be to eventually buy a property in the DR, after a few trips, if we like it enough. So unless someone is prepared to make a nice discount for a long term tenant, we might have to look for something a bit cheaper. But thank you for your suggestion, we will still try to get in touch with them (or any owner we finds listed to rent).

Thanks, Jon

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vince for clarifying. Do you know in which complex the apartments from your link are located?

Thanks, Jon

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The link for Rocky's condos is for the Tradewinds...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Three other places in Sosua you may want to check out, info can be found by searching DR1:

The Palms
    Las Canas
    Club Residential

Some other place in/near Cabaretes:
    Renaissance
    Coconut Palms (and/or the place next to it)
    Orillas del Mar
    Nanny Estates
    Bahia Arena
    Cita Del Sol
    BlueFish at Perla Marina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast