Dentistry in the Dominican Republic

musial78

May 18, 2005
Hi, I will be coming to Santiago in April. I have some dental work that is rather urgent, but it is so expensive in the US. Is it any cheaper in the DR? I thought maybe since I am coming down here anyway, that if it was cheaper I woudl get it done here.

I need an Onlay, a Cavity filled, and a Crown.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Dentist

Vince
I had a dental incident the very first day I was on a month vacation in Cabarete. My old "hockey" tooth fell right off and even the old real stem was gone too! When I looked in the mirror, I was horrified! Anyway, a couple of recommendations took me to Sosua and her name is Wendy Jumas and she was exellent! I figure I saved around 50% compared to my dentist, whom I like, here in Canada. I hope I spelled her name properly. PM me if you need more details.
Steve

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hi, I will be coming to Santiago in April. I have some dental work that is rather urgent, but it is so expensive in the US. Is it any cheaper in the DR? I thought maybe since I am coming down here anyway, that if it was cheaper I woudl get it done here.

I need an Onlay, a Cavity filled, and a Crown.

I know of someone I can recommend in Santiago. I've been going to her for quite some time and she is excellent. PM me if you are interested in the name and number.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
To late

Vince
I had a dental incident the very first day I was on a month vacation in Cabarete. My old "hockey" tooth fell right off and even the old real stem was gone too! When I looked in the mirror, I was horrified! Anyway, a couple of recommendations took me to Sosua and her name is Wendy Jumas and she was exellent! I figure I saved around 50% compared to my dentist, whom I like, here in Canada. I hope I spelled her name properly. PM me if you need more details.
Steve
Thanks steve to late for me LOL
Pics - Funny Pictures, Stupid Pictures, Hilarious Pictures, Drunk Pics, No Teeth - Why a Dentist is Important

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
crowns normally take 2 weeks, mold has to be made, sent to dental lab, they make new tooth, turn around time, etc., other stuff can be done fast.........you will save money..............i had a crown done in SD for 100 US. great dentist, she pulled the start chord on the generator herself when the power went out..............

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Vince
a couple of recommendations took me to Sosua and her name is Wendy Jumas and she was exellent! I figure I saved around 50% compared to my dentist, whom I like, here in Canada. I hope I spelled her name properly. PM me if you need more details.
Steve

Steve, Wendy is excellent. My wife and I go to her. She had done crowns, root canals and bridges for both of us.

Her name is Wendy Juma. Office phone is 809- 571-2767, cel 809-931-1298 and email wendyjumaperalta@hispavista.com

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And 'wendy was my student at the university

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

good girl.

Hb

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Would you have any recommendations for dentists located in Santo Domingo or metropolitan area. Alternatively I could travel to Santiago but Sosua is a little far away.

thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Santiago, I always recommend Rita Mu?oz at Centro Dental Cibao. Calle Sabana Larga 102A, between Beller and Restauraci?n.
Tel 809 971 5430
She's got great hands and not expensive.

BTW, US$600 for two crowns is highway robbery here...

HB

bdaric

Aug 28, 2003
Hmm, here in Bermuda you'll be looking at $700 plus for one crown..if you can find a dentist who can accept you on their schedule.
Most are full and turn away business.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
May I recommend Dr. Gregory Socias, tel 809 472-0825, to anyone interested in cosmetic laser teeth whitening. Procedure costs RD$15,000, for what I have read goes for US$500-US$1,200 in the States. His father, Hector Socias has been my dentist for years and I am pleased with his work.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Thanks for suggestions. Would you know if they do implants (and crowns)- and any idea about the cost?

Would you have any recommendations for dentists located in Santo Domingo or metropolitan area. Alternatively I could travel to Santiago but Sosua is a little far away.

thanks
My dentist from Santo Domingo is teacher on the school for dentists
He is on 27 Febrero Avenue 481, 3 floor, Edificio Aquario.
Norberto Puello
E-Mail: nrpp49@hotmail.com
He is very professional.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
May I recommend Dr. Gregory Socias, tel 809 472-0825, to anyone interested in cosmetic laser teeth whitening. Procedure costs RD$15,000, for what I have read goes for US$500-US$1,200 in the States. His father, Hector Socias has been my dentist for years and I am pleased with his work.

If his price is RD $15,000 wouldn't that put in the price range of the U.S?