Superbikes at Autodromo Las Americas

racergurl55

Sep 6, 2006
www.racegirl55.com
We FINALLY got confirmation that the first race of the 2007 Season will take place at Autodromo Las Americas on the 25th of March - for those of you who said you were interested in coming.

If any of you are in the area and want to see some VERY talented racers..come on by! It's a very exciting sport and a couple of the local racers are very fast! Franklin Dominguez - the 2006 Superbike champion was even awarded the Athlete of the Year award.

Planner - I'll put a couple of VIP tickets aside for you and any other Blondes you can drag along!:cool:

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Sweet

Great info Racergirl. I wanna see it. !!
thanks for the update. And your bike number
is ?? 55 was it??

racergurl55

Sep 6, 2006
www.racegirl55.com
Yup - 55...Yellow / Green suzuki in the Novato & Pre-experto classes...I'll also be the only one with a blonde pony tail sticking outta my helmet so I shouldnt be too hard to spot!! ;)

If you decide to come PLEASE come by the pits and say hi. Ill try and post the schedule for the day when it's released (should be released tuesday 20th at the press conference at Museo de Jamon & Restaurante El Brasile?o).

racergurl55

Sep 6, 2006
www.racegirl55.com
Ugh...I missed your post Tflea, Im so sorry...The internet connection at our hotel was down so I didnt get a chance to come online while I was there.

Yup the race was still on - It was a great weekend, with my team mate 2006 National Champion Franklin Dominguez taking the win in the Superbike class. I finished second in the Novato Class.

I hope you can make it to the next one - which is scheduled for April 22nd - again at las americas. I'll be there the week before - so I can try and meet up with you to give you some passes.

Press release:

Parts Canada Superbike Championship - Second Place Finish For Gareau In Dominican Republic

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
Franklin Dominguez, the champ, works as a mechanic at Motor Butler in the zona, by the way. He's a great guy -- humble and knows everything about bikes.

It's comforting to think that the National champ is tuning up your cycle.

racergurl55

Sep 6, 2006
www.racegirl55.com
Unfortunatly no. The next round is scheduled (not fully confirmed) for April 21 - 22.

The Adomoto Campeonato de Motovelocidad is the only superbike racing series in the Dominican Republic, and runs only at Las Americas.

I believe that there are some rounds of scooter / small bike racing in Santiago - but I dont have any information on that at all.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Moto X

Regional Moto X cross race April 7-8 at the track near the turnoff from Puerto Plata highway to the Santiago Turistica road, up the hill from the gran parada, turn in at the El Cupey road, follow the crowd. Details at most cycle shops.