Another team for the World Baseball Classic?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Another team for the World Baseball Classic?

Here's something from today's DR1 News:

Israel Baseball League contracts Dominicans

The new Israel baseball League (IBL), which will be inaugurated on 24 June 2007, will rely on talent from the Dominican Republic to fill its roster. Listin Diario writes that two tryouts have already been held in San Pedro de Macoris and Santo Domingo and that between 30 and 40 players will be chosen to play in the league. Dan Duqette, general Manager of the new league, explained that the best talent in the world comes from the DR and that the special ties between Israel and the DR, dating back to WWII, led the league to look for most of its talent here.

israelbaseballleague.com: Entry

Sep 19, 2005
hey rellosk....when i opened that link up and the picture of the ball diamond showed up.....all i could think of was....

aint that classic...a nice green ballfield inthe middle of all that rubble....

then i can see it is just some city with lots of buildings grayed out so only the ballfield gets the viewers attention. ha ha ha

but my mind thinks,, yeah the middle east scratch away all the rubble and plant a ballfield....until it gets blown up.........man, lots of hate over there huh?

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i believe any travel outside of the DR for baseball opens up a new world for them.

MLB by way of Israel ? sure, why not....

Sep 19, 2005
well since about 50 of them got stung by Immigration for trying to bring in "wives" they just married for a fee of about $2500 US.... they have to look someplace else now..

one guy threw away had a $100,000 signing bonus from a major league team already!!!

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
wow...that's crazy...and Israel won't allow any hanky panky over there...they better get them a real wife before they go over to Israel....