san francisco airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogirl

Mar 9, 2007
Can someone help me with this? I was planning to visit Punta Cana and now a friend has invited me to stay near San Francisco. I will fly to Punta Cana and was wondering if I can fry from San Francisco back to the USA?
Is there an airport there or nearby? This sounds exciting to me as I think the two areas may be very different
Also, how could I get to San Francisco from Punta Cana

Thank You

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Can someone help me with this? I was planning to visit Punta Cana and now a friend has invited me to stay near San Francisco. I will fly to Punta Cana and was wondering if I can fry from San Francisco back to the USA?
Is there an airport there or nearby? This sounds exciting to me as I think the two areas may be very different
Also, how could I get to San Francisco from Punta Cana

Thank You

Last time I checked, San Francisco was in California and a State in the U.S.A.. Has something changed?:bunny:

Thegirlnextdoor

Feb 22, 2007
^^^LOL I'm glad you posted, I thought I was going insane then....on a side note tacogirl if you are talking about the city in Cali, although I dont think you are, SF is awesome I used to live near there :)

tacogirl

Mar 9, 2007
Oh My .......................
I am really referring to SF in the Dominican Republic
I heard it was near Puerto Plata ? I know for sure my friends do not live in California!!!!

San Francisco de Macor?s, city, northern Dominican Republic, capital of Duarte Province, on a branch of the Cam? River, in the Cibao Valley. The city is a rail terminus and the trade center of the eastern Cibao lowland. The major industries are involved in processing the products of the surrounding area, including cacao, coffee, fruit, corn, rice, livestock, and beeswax. The city, founded in 1777, was made departmental capital in 1936. Population (1991 estimate) 162,000.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
San Francisco de Macoris

the Cibao International airport in Santiago (STI) will probably be your best choice. The Puerto Plata International airport (POP) is also a possibility.

getting to San Francisco from Punta Cana is very easy, even if somewhat time consuming, and you get to go by Santo Domingo. But I'll let some one else help you with that.

P.S. ZOOM OUT in the google links I've provided and you'll see an arrow delineating the city of San Francisco.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
San Francisco is an important agricultural center in the eastern Cibao Valley. It is a fairly large city.
From Punta Cana, you'd need to bus to Santo Domingo and then bus again to San Francisco de Macor?s.

Obviously, if the visit to San Francisco is important, than you had best book a flight to Santiago (STI) which is just about a 35-40 minute ride a way. It is 6 or seven hours by bus..from Punta Cana...

Hb

Status
Not open for further replies.