Ditching the bus from the airport

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
Most people going to Punta Cana are on tour packages, and have their ground transportation included in the package. Has anyone ditched the bus and took a taxi? Is it faster? Do you run into any hassle with the tour operator?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You could get a taxi if you wanted to. Let the tour operator know so that they will not be looking for you. I don't know why you would want to do this because the buses are included in your package, and quite comfortable. A taxi would not be too much faster. You may arrive at your resort 5 or 10 minutes ahead of the bus.

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
You could get a taxi if you wanted to. Let the tour operator know so that they will not be looking for you. I don't know why you would want to do this because the buses are included in your package, and quite comfortable. A taxi would not be too much faster. You may arrive at your resort 5 or 10 minutes ahead of the bus.

I've been on the buses in PC 5 times now...sometimes it is great, sometimes its a milk run...especially when I am at the Bavaro Princess.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry about my last answer Matt. I posted it before I saw your other thread stating you have been there several times. You know the drill about the buses. I change my answer to... sure you can take a taxi. The prices are usually listed at the airport. Try and negociate and set a price with the driver before you pick which taxi to take. It sounds like you may be somewhat familar with the staff with repeat visits. Try talking to staff members at the resort and arrange for your next trip to have one of them pick you up at the airport. The employees who are fortunate enough to have cars often double as drivers to guests to make extra money.

mattm

Feb 28, 2007
I am sorry about my last answer Matt. I posted it before I saw your other thread stating you have been there several times. You know the drill about the buses. I change my answer to... sure you can take a taxi. The prices are usually listed at the airport. Try and negociate and set a price with the driver before you pick which taxi to take. It sounds like you may be somewhat familar with the staff with repeat visits. Try talking to staff members at the resort and arrange for your next trip to have one of them pick you up at the airport. The employees who are fortunate enough to have cars often double as drivers to guests to make extra money.

Thanks dulce, that is a wicked tip about working something out with the staff.