Power solved, now let's go inside!

Soul Siesta

Jun 2, 2005
www.brothersandsistersonline.com
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks! All of your comments on my power options were GREAT! I've decided to go with a 40kw generator to operate 4 apartments and share with a partner who also has 2 units. I know....it's like a mini power plant.

Now the simple stuff (I Hope). What would you say is an approximate (I know it's according to my taste) cost for the following items. Regarding brand/quality, on a scale of 1 (budget) to 10 (high end), I would rate my taste an 8. Having said that, what's your opinion on cost for the following items (all purchased in RD).

Fridge - 25 cubic feet
Stove 30 inch or so (i guess I'll be using propane)
Kitchen bell
Queen sized bed and mattress
Full-Sized bed and mattress
dining room set - table with four chairs
Sofa

I did consider buying the items here (NJ) and shipping. Does DR-CAFTA help my cause or is that only for commercial shipments? For the above items, is it common for people to say they save by shipping from the USA. I'm probably going to buy in RD....just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Gee, Your new generator shoud do just fine. Most of that take no power at all.

Just kidding. Finding someone else to help the you gen. problem/security is appears to be a big move toward your goal.

As for the rest. Relax... go shopping and enjoy.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Fridge - 25 cubic feet From 30,000 RD and up
Stove 30 inch or so (i guess I'll be using propane)
Kitchen bell what is this???
Queen sized bed and mattress Depending on quality 20,000Rd and up.
Full-Sized bed and mattress Again depends on quality 15,000 RD and jup.
dining room set - table with four chairs too much variation to even begin to suggest
Sofa A North American style sofa 20,000 RD and up.

I did consider buying the items here (NJ) and shipping. Does DR-CAFTA help my cause or is that only for commercial shipments? For the above items, is it common for people to say they save by shipping from the USA. I'm probably going to buy in RD....just wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!

I have found it best to just buy here. The one big issue is not as much choice but that is slowly getting better.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
what smoke - from cigarettes or from cooking.....? Sounds like me cooking....LOL