fast food

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyc

Nov 28, 2006
Ive just read in the Dominican Republic there are Mc Donalds, burger Kings, Kfc etc is this true and where abouts are they I know its sad but im such a fussy eater

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
In Puerto Plata we have a Burger King.

Santiago has McDonalds, Burger King and KFC.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
GM me!

Ive just read in the Dominican Republic there are Mc Donalds, burger Kings, Kfc etc is this true and where abouts are they I know its sad but im such a fussy eater

you're WHAT? if you like THAT you are anything BUT fussy eater...

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
My GRINGO brother,

If you're looking to dine with the CLOWN and The King ........stay home...why bother these nice folks with your stuck in America attitude......hit a local bar order chicken whatever....it'll beat McNuggets I guarantee it....also anything made with local fish is better than a McFish......are you aware this is a foreign country and the CULTURE is different.......learn to adapt or stay in the lower 48.......this gringo is tired of my countrymen who want the rest of the world....fastfoodized.........try a diet of Presidentes and Pu--- for a week, you'll appreciate it..........

globalmike295

On Vacation
Jul 11, 2006
The Burger King in POP sucks $10 for a double whopper / cheese. Not even close to the American Burger King. I hear there is a Pizza Hut in Playa Dorado that serves a great Supreme.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Fast food

Has anyone seen the movie Super Size Me. If not rent it. If you do you will never step foot in a BK,MCD, or KFC again. That is awlful scary stuff to put in you body.

Bob K :ermm:

garyc

Nov 28, 2006
Everyone has a choice to what they want to eat or drink and that is mine so get over it.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
Burger King

The Burger King on the way to Puerto Plata has great ice cream...better than here in the states . I don't know what makes it taste so good ...perhaps the milk or the type or amount of sugar they put in it.

C

Chip00

Here in Santiago we have Burger King, McD's, KFC, Pizza Hut and Dominoes. Unfortunately it's just not quite as good as back home, it really is inferior - even the McD french fries.

If you have to eat some American food here I suppose the pizza is ok - but if you trying to save yourself from the runs, forget it as I still got the runs the first time I came here. Now that I'm "adjusted" it's no sweat really. Besides there are many good private, cheap clinics that will get you're gut back in order in no time.

I would highly recommend eating the local food at a nice restaurant. It is very healthy and prepared fresh daily and quite tasty. In fact, when we used to live in Orlando I used to take people(ie gringos) from work over to a couple of Dominican restaurants I knew and it wasn't long before they were "converted".

This isn't to say that you can't find a good burger here in the DR, yes you can. In fact in the Hotel Jaragua in Santo Domingo the have one of the best Angus burger I have ever had. However, a lot of other places just aren't up to par. If you really need to eat a good burger just go to the local Supermarket and but the fattiest(usually cheapest) hamburger meat you can find and make it at your apartment. The meat here is usually VERY lean and if make a hamburger with this type it will come out tasting like cardboard.

See link for yellow pages to check for the restaurants yourself:

Páginas Amarillas (Form)

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
good burger

The good beef needs to be imported....Lou's Shark Bar has a great burger....his sausage and peppers are also tops.....Rocky's is THE place for ribs...they fall right off the bone...the wait is worth it!

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
fast food.

boca chica has burgerking. san pedro had/has?mcdonalds.
porta plata b.king.
see thread on "best pork sandwich"and try one when yer down.NOT TO BE MISSED! keep on eatin in the free world.......................

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't advice this dude healthy freshly made dominican food coz it's clearly NOT what he is looking for (god, i hope he is not a she...).

ok, lets presume one loves this crap food - after all i love fast food too, as long as it is NOT american chain thing (i burp with plastic for two days after a visit in burger king)...

so: garyc, try something else. in POP d?ngelo close to coraaplata sells ok burgers and hotdogs, some street vendors are not too bad either. pizza in portofino is better than the one from pizza hut.

let's make this thread positive, where in DR can one get the best of the worst food?

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
good food/bad food i know i've had my share.......

don't advice this dude healthy freshly made dominican food coz it's clearly NOT what he is looking for (god, i hope he is not a she...).

ok, lets presume one loves this crap food - after all i love fast food too, as long as it is NOT american chain thing (i burp with plastic for two days after a visit in burger king)...

so: garyc, try something else. in POP d?ngelo close to coraaplata sells ok burgers and hotdogs, some street vendors are not too bad either. pizza in portofino is better than the one from pizza hut.

let's make this thread positive, where in DR can one get the best of the worst food?
sausage and mash/fish and chips/pie and chips/
WHERE?Debbies pantry.pedro clisante(main street)sosua.awsome!!!!

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
a few years ago we went into Sam's Bar in POP with a woman from New Zealand. They had 'chips, cheese n gravy' on the menu! Even in England a lot of people have never eaten such a 'northern delicacy'! We ordered some for our New Zealand guest :) They also had liver, bacon & mash on the menu, which someone else from the group ate, which reminded him of home.

I probably had chicken, rice & beans;)

Status
Not open for further replies.