Passenger DUI ??

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
On the DR1 news they announced alcohol limits for passengers! :

Breathalyzers hit the streets
Transit Authority officials (AMET) began using the new breathalyzers for the first time yesterday. Major General Jose Sigfredo Fernandez took the time to explain that police are not executing raids in order to catch drunk drivers, but said that officers are looking at vehicles that run red lights, swerve along the streets or travel at high speeds. For regular drivers "drunk" will register at between 0.075mg/L and 0.75 and for passengers "drunk" will be registered between 0,15 mg/L and 0,30gr/L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how are you supposed to be resonsible and not let drunk people drive if you can't take them home? Which brain surgeon/politician came up with this law?

Is this some kind of bad joke?

C

Chip00

On the DR1 news they announced alcohol limits for passengers! :

Breathalyzers hit the streets
Transit Authority officials (AMET) began using the new breathalyzers for the first time yesterday. Major General Jose Sigfredo Fernandez took the time to explain that police are not executing raids in order to catch drunk drivers, but said that officers are looking at vehicles that run red lights, swerve along the streets or travel at high speeds. For regular drivers "drunk" will register at between 0.075mg/L and 0.75 and for passengers "drunk" will be registered between 0,15 mg/L and 0,30gr/L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how are you supposed to be resonsible and not let drunk people drive if you can't take them home? Which brain surgeon/politician came up with this law?

Is this some kind of bad joke?

Don't you get it - think of the revenue they are going to generate! Who cares if the law make sense!

I doubt they will be messing with the tourists, so remember if you get stopped - speak English!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Who makes these laws??? Drunk while being a passenger??? That is insane!! Next they'll get you for Walking while Intoxicated!!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I think there is somthing left out of the original article. As I remember the original proposal for the Breathalyzers, a few months ago, the one limit was for "regular drivers" and the lower limit was for "drivers of pasengers", i.e., taxi, publicos, guagua drivers.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Who makes these laws??? Drunk while being a passenger??? That is insane!! Next they'll get you for Walking while Intoxicated!!

They already do that in the "states", it's called "Drunk and Dis-orderly".

2hdpbn9.gif