Single white female travelling alone

qt pie

Mar 10, 2007
Hi Everyone ! Just logged on to site but have been reading for months now ! Very informative. Quick question. Is it safe for a female to travel alone to an all inclusive resort in PUJ for some R&R - If so, any suggestions on resort? I have no intentions of leaving the resort-went to Mangu on past trip and definitely wouldn't feel comfortable doing it again alone. I've been to PUJ a few times before with friends and know the drill about the 'Sankies'. I too met a Dominican on my first trip but quickly made him realize we would only be friends, and friends we are to this day, speaking periodically on the phone and emailing etc. Basically just wondering if there are any resorts that 'cater' to singles etc. (not for anything more then R&R, dancing etc):cheeky:

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Sunscape the Beach

They don't "cater" to singles (I haven't heard of one that does), but I went to Sunscape the Beach during the last week of January as a solo and had a great time. I got to know a lot of the staff and it may've been because I was there alone that they really took care of me. They asked what I'd done with my day and if I wanted help to plan an excursion. The animation staff was great for keeping you entertained at the disco. I did a couple of tours which was fine, but my favourite time was on the resort. I hooked up with people that I'd "met" on the internet so I didn't spend all my time alone, but tagged along with a bunch of couples all week. I'm planning my return--2 weeks next time.

My pictures are at

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2283752500064234328aqWsVP

Kaki

qt pie

Mar 10, 2007
I think I might just check out Sunscape. I stayed at the RIU's before. I'm reading a thread on here about safety in D.R. and for travellers that are not in AI resorts. After reading that, I don't think safety should be much of an issue on a resort. By the way, the pics are awesome. I'm really itching to go back to the Dominican.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Hi Everyone ! Just logged on to site but have been reading for months now ! Very informative. Quick question. Is it safe for a female to travel alone to an all inclusive resort in PUJ for some R&R - If so, any suggestions on resort? I have no intentions of leaving the resort-went to Mangu on past trip and definitely wouldn't feel comfortable doing it again alone. I've been to PUJ a few times before with friends and know the drill about the 'Sankies'. I too met a Dominican on my first trip but quickly made him realize we would only be friends, and friends we are to this day, speaking periodically on the phone and emailing etc. Basically just wondering if there are any resorts that 'cater' to singles etc. (not for anything more then R&R, dancing etc):cheeky:

Staying at any AI is fine. I was there in October by myself and stayed at the Palma Real. The only downside is the single supplement.

qt pie

Mar 10, 2007
AtlantaBob,
As I stated, I've been to the Dominican many times. If I would have fallen for a Sankie, believe me it would have happened already. Like I said, I met many men from The Dominican and stayed friends with a few (one that extensively devoted his undying love for me :ermm: ), but for a relationship or a vacation 'quickie' - No thanks...... Not to toot my own horn but I can get that anywhere-I'm attractive, fit and smart. (By the way none of these men ever asked me for anything and they call me just to say hi) Its unfortunate though that we all categorize Dominican men as Sankies or after something thats not genuine. Financially I can just travel more then most friends but I'm concerned about going alone.... I remember once venturing out of the resort with a female friend. We went to the shopping centre (can't remember what it was called) and we were harrassed and felt a bit intimidated with all the taxis and motos waiting for us like we were their prey for the day. Even when in the cab, we weren't sure if we were going the right way back to our hotel and we were concerned. I have looked into other destinations but it's just not the same. I love the Dominican culture, music, food, etc. I have to admit though that the Dominican men are hot. There is something about them. As I once explained to a friend, Its like they ooze sexuality, romance, etc... I can see how a female can get caught up in all that, but again, believe me - I am too headstrong and smart for that to happen. David, thanks about the tip on a CubMed - I will look into that avenue.

Sep 19, 2005
they didnt have enough money after the bribes to paint "Republic" on the end of that sign....thus......our delima.

and you all thought these people were being insensitve!!!!

bob...( different than the previous BOB from the UNITED)

(ps)I am from "the States"

ha ha ha

Sep 19, 2005
would it matter if you were a single "orange" female traveling alone ?

sure it would, the single white female will attract a LOT more sanky action than any other "color" I would imagine on a resort in the DR!

actually just remove the single part...because the sanky doesnt care about that....white female at beach resort.....PRIME TARGET.....

bob