Holy Week at Natura Park

Arisaig

Mar 12, 2007
:nervous: We are travelling for the first time to the DR on March 31 and departing on April 7, 2007. We have heard that Holy week is a bad week to visit the DR as many services are cut back on. We have been advised by friends that we should empty our mini bar on a daily basis so that it is restocked in case there is a lack in alcohol, as well as the towels. Our friends seem to think that these services are cut back on. Can anyone tell me what it is like in the DR during Holy week. We are Catholics and do understand that this is a very important holiday for the Dominicans, but would just like a little clarity.

We are also wondering on the tipping procedure, who do we tip, when, and how much is appropriate? I have also purchased items and have access to tylenol etc. to bring, but wonder about the monetary amounts.

Thank you

Feb 7, 2007
I don't think the hotels cut back on Coke, Sprite and Rum during the Easter.

Towels should also not be a problem - people in hotels work around the clock, holiday/no holiday and the hotel laundromats are operated 24/7 as well.

You don't have to be worried about the scarcity of towels, nor should you be worried about your minibar. You will have plenty to eat and drink while you are in the resort.

As far as cash is involved, depends on what you want to do, I know people that carry around thousands of dollars just for sake of it, going to a foreign country, as a fall-back precaution, you whould be find with credit cards and some cash. As far as tipping - tip dollar or two per day for the maid, 5 or 10 dollars per week to your favorite waiter and bartender. Tip dollar per luggage piece to bellboys. You don't tip the sanky "animadores".