Resto suggestions...

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Just wondering what are the really cool, nice and affordable restaurants and/or lounges in El Cortecito and Bavaro area.

Thanks !

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
Castecito Inn - Palma's Sand

I ate lunch at a nice little place on the beach. I happened to take pictures of the menu, and the menu says Castecito Inn and Plama's Sand Resort Club. I think that "People's disco pub" was part of the same place also.

Nice food, nice atmosphere.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Just wondering...

I ate lunch at a nice little place on the beach. I happened to take pictures of the menu, and the menu says Castecito Inn and Plama's Sand Resort Club. I think that "People's disco pub" was part of the same place also.

Nice food, nice atmosphere.

What was the average price like ?

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Super useful...

Thanks for the suggestion and the pics...the place looks great !!! Right on the beach....I cannot wait to be back in the DR !!!

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
When looking at these pictures, I was reminded at all the vendors selling these big framed pictures. To whom do they sell them? How do tourists get them home?

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
I love those pics...

They sell them to the tourists...I am sure...they take them off the woden frames and then roll them up and secure it with take....often you see travellers on their way home with it all rolled up sticking out of some carry on luggage :cheeky:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My favorite place in Bavaro es Jalape?o, a mexican restaurant in Plaza Brisas. Great choices, good service, great food. Last time I went, bill came out around RD$700 for 2. You've also got Captain Cook and Langostas del Caribe in El Cortecito which although a bit more expensive are a must!

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I went to a little lounge place in Bavaro called High Wave, since you are going for a while, its kind of like being at home.