Invertor Batteries - Desulphating

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Has anybody any experience of Battery V-agra or desulphating solutions for invertor batteries. Does it work , is it the same as EDTA Treatment mentioned in other Invertor threads. Has anybody got good results for extending the life or recovering Invertor batteries.

First post by Olly

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There is excellent information on the whole gamut of dealing with inverter batteries on the site. You'll find it in the living forum or in general stuff. Do a few searches and you'll find more information that you can handle in a few sittings. The search button is your friend! :p

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I have tried the searches but nothing on this topic come up. Plenty on Invertors etc so hence the call for help and experience

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have tried the searches but nothing on this topic come up. Plenty on Invertors etc so hence the call for help and experience
Generally, invertors are chargers, too. Modern ones have the "equilization" function. That should do it.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Guess I should have used my English -American dictionary. Sulphate = Sulfate.

Have found a lot of stuff now - thanks.

Olly

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Generally, invertors are chargers, too. Modern ones have the "equilization" function. That should do it.

Only problem with that is that the electric is not on long enought to get to that stage..... lol

Lately, the electric here has been so little, that my batteries have not been able to be charged long enought to get to the equalizing stage.....

Don SantiagoDR

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Only problem with that is that the electric is not on long enought to get to that stage..... lol

Lately, the electric here has been so little, that my batteries have not been able to be charged long enought to get to the equalizing stage.....

Don SantiagoDR
That will kill your batteries. Time for a genset for charging them.