Screens in Santo Domingo

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Does anyone know a company that installs screens for windows and doors in Santo Domingo? Any idea on the prices? I am being eaten alive. I find it odd with all the discussions on Dengue, I have never heard an official advising residents to install screens. Instead they want to wipe out mosquitos! Thanks for the advice...... Annie

C

Chip00

Does anyone know a company that installs screens for windows and doors in Santo Domingo? Any idea on the prices? I am being eaten alive. I find it odd with all the discussions on Dengue, I have never heard an official advising residents to install screens. Instead they want to wipe out mosquitos! Thanks for the advice...... Annie

No but I don't know a company here in Santiago that did mine. I think I have like 26 windows and 3 doors and it cost me around RD30k. The company is called Daycon and I don't see why they can't do your home there.

By the way, there is nothing like going to bed here or otherwise ambling around in one's skivies not having to worry about mosquitos or bugs!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Try Induca on Ortega and Gasset. They did ours several years ago so I can't give you current prices but they did a good job at the time. I seem to recall seeing North American screen doors there last year when we were shopping for a new bedroom window.....

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
screens

here are a couple who will...HJE Supply809-536-6703//cell 1809-224-0791

Abreu ^ Rodriguez..809-376-0357//809-322-7001

Villa Consuelo,on Duarte,north of Plaza Lama a mile or so...has over 50 stores that do nothing but windows and doors....screens ..about 1000 pesos a window,depending on size...
bob

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thanks for this

Thanks for the names and numbers -- I will get on it... How about a recommendation for a plumber/electrician to fix the hot water tank? It has been re- routed and I have one of those on the showerhead heaters which either doesn't heat or scalds me. And the water pressure is a bit like standing under a drip. But sink pressure is fine so I think it must be the heater issue.... I live in Gazcue. Thanks for the help.. e