Zona Francas en la Republica Dominicana

jenny11237

Oct 4, 2006
Me gustaria que me ayudaran a ver si en la Republica Dominicana venden ropa de marca al por mayor como en las zonas francas como American Eagle, Buffalo, Abercombie, Lacoste, etc. ohi un comentario de que hay personas que la venden alla por favor se lo agradeceria al que me ayude averiguar esto. Gracias. Si seria tan amable de darme el numero de telefono o direccion donde los puedo localizar.

C

Chip00

Me gustaria que me ayudaran a ver si en la Republica Dominicana venden ropa de marca al por mayor como en las zonas francas como American Eagle, Buffalo, Abercombie, Lacoste, etc. ohi un comentario de que hay personas que la venden alla por favor se lo agradeceria al que me ayude averiguar esto. Gracias. Si seria tan amable de darme el numero de telefono o direccion donde los puedo localizar.

Hay un hombre que conoci aqui en Santiago que es dueno de una fabrica que hace ropa de marca de Hilfiger,etc para exportar. Yo creo que el se llame Jose, pero no estoy seguro. Realmente no se importa por que el es unos de los directores del campo de Golf "Las Aromas". Llame alla y pregunta por "el director de la Directiva, indiacito de 40 y pico anos que tiene una fabrica de ropa de marca". tel 809-626-1112. Si a caso la gente no sepan quien es mandame un "PM" y le doy el telefono de un amigo de el que tambien es director.

No se apure sobre de la comision que cobro - es solo un chelito! (estoy relajando - no cobro na'!)

jenny11237

Oct 4, 2006
Hay un hombre que conoci aqui en Santiago que es dueno de una fabrica que hace ropa de marca de Hilfiger,etc para exportar. Yo creo que el se llame Jose, pero no estoy seguro. Realmente no se importa por que el es unos de los directores del campo de Golf "Las Aromas". Llame alla y pregunta por "el director de la Directiva, indiacito de 40 y pico anos que tiene una fabrica de ropa de marca". tel 809-626-1112. Si a caso la gente no sepan quien es mandame un "PM" y le doy el telefono de un amigo de el que tambien es director.

No se apure sobre de la comision que cobro - es solo un chelito! (estoy relajando - no cobro na'!)
Muchisima gracias por su ayuda si es posible hoy llamare a ver si me comunico, se lo agradesco mucho. Me gustaria saber si usted me puede ayudar a conseguir las otras marcas que le mensione o darme un numero de telefono o un website donde yo podria averiguar eso. Si estoy segura que alla la venden en la zona franca esas marcas.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004

Many years ago, while I managed a Korean international trading company, many of our orders were for low priced garments, footwear and related items, and our clients would request particular famous name brands designs, markings and tags on them. We would then order the goods from sweatshops located in Malaysia, China, the Philipines, and others, for manufacturing. However, I doubt you could do this from the DR, considering the strict intellectual property rights regulations in place.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Your name has a Brooklyn Zip code in it. I am from NYC. So I was wondering if you were from Brooklyn. That's all.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
let's get this straight right now.
Yes, they make fine clothes.
No, you cannot buy it here.
What is made is made for their US customers.
Anything you can find here with with a major label is a fake. And there are plenty of those.
If you want to buy 10,000 of something, go to the people that own the mark.
be smart, don't buy fakes.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Many years ago, while I managed a Korean international trading company, many of our orders were for low priced garments, footwear and related items, and our clients would request particular famous name brands designs, markings and tags on them. We would then order the goods from sweatshops located in Malaysia, China, the Philipines, and others, for manufacturing. However, I doubt you could do this from the DR, considering the strict intellectual property rights regulations in place.
You knowingly sold fake designer articles?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I was asking if you spoke English because most of us here ONLY speak English. If you post in Spanish we're not going to understand you. I wasn't sure if you knew that. I am attempting to learn Spanish as many of us are :)

Last edited:

queffgwada

Apr 7, 2008
Free trade zone status

Hi there,

Concerning zonas francas, could anyone confirm it is possible to get the special status even when you are not located in a legal free trade zone? I've been told it was used for agriculture in particular, when the company wishes to export...
Also, do you know if such status is also available for companies in "individual name" (I'm not sure if it makes sense in english), which is NOT C. por A. nor S.A.??

Thanks

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
A Free Zone company cannot operate unless it is located in a Free Zone.

If you do not want to locate in an existing Zona Franca, you can create a "Special Free Zone" for your company. Currently to register a new company in an existing Free Zone, the company pays a fee of RD$53,000 to the DR Free Zone Council. To create a "Special Free Zone" (which may or may not consist of only one company), the fee is RD$153,000.

To create the Special Free Zone, one must also provide to the council for their permission:

1. 20 copies of the technical plans for the company
2. Company's constitution and supporting documents
3. A copy of the property title and/or Agreement to Purchase
4. All building plans
5. The academic history and business history of the company's executives
6. A check for the permission

The company does not have to be a Dominican corporation, and can be a Foreign Corporation, registered in the DR. I do not believe that it is possible for a business to operate under an individual's name only - it must be a company. (besides, it is does fail, do you really want them to come after everything you own to satisfy outstanding debts???)

The reason that ALL Free Zone companies are located in one type or other of Free Zone is that each Free Zone has its own Customs employees located on site. The companies inside pay the costs of these Customs officials and their associated costs. All customs documents for import or export are processed onsite before anything moves in or out of the Free Zone.

queffgwada

Apr 7, 2008
Ok, many thanks for details. It looks quite more complicated and expensive than I was told... I'll forget it for the moment, maybe later depending on business expansion.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

To begin with, a Zona Franca biz can't and will not sell any merchandise to local wholesaler or retailers. All the goods made inside Zona Franca are aimed to exports.

A manufacturer already established in a Zona Franca that produces label clothing will NOT sell any single or quantity of those goods, unless ordered and triple confirmed by the label owners themselves.

All merchandise that carries a known label, like the ones named in your post, is done under contract from that exclusive owner. Any clothing made with a label not ordered under such contract by any of those labels is considered to be "contraband" and will put all people dealing with them in the eyes of the law.

A good way to know if the goods you're shopping for are indeed real or not is to pay attention to the quality of the fabrics used. All labels in Zona Franca get the orders to manufacture goods for those labels with the bulk of materials coming from sources linked to the labels themselves; since this offers a good way to provide some security regarding fakes.

Labels that deal with Zona Franca manufacturers are concentrated in negotiating the labor aspects of the deal, since they already know the costs for the raw materials from their linked providers. The way many manufactures that deal with contraband goods go about this, is to find raw materials that look and feel alike the real one employed in the manufacturing plants.

Zona Franca is for EXPORT only; industrial parks are aimed to national and export alike.