Carabela beach resort, Punta Cana

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Just got back travelled from 3/01/07-3/08/07. The resort had the right price. The layout is pretty good. 3 pools, 4 restuarants (needing reservation) and of course the buffet .10 buildings in total. What I liked about the resort is the Restuarants, and pool. There was also Dominican night on fridays. Sort of a dominican flea market. Lots of paintings, cigar rolling, (free) coconuts and sugar cane, and trinkets. live campesino band played music and sung happy birthday to my wife. the staff was pretty friendly as well. My dislikes were the sand at the beach. whoever thought of putting pine trees near the sand did not think .there were pine needles and pine cones all over the sand :surprised and there was no daily clean up because it would be very dificult to keep clean. Also there were bus loads of young adults from spain and it was like spring break at the pool. the noise level was incredible. :eek:gre:
there is not much to do outside the resort unless you went on an excursion. there was such a big push fo manati park which seems like they get alot of advertisment. One thing to consider is staying in the "Palma real or cortecito inn" apartment/hotels. located on the beach but in the center of the plaza. seems pretty economical as eating all you can gets pretty boring and with the savings you can rent a car or jeep and really enjoy the country. Also, one can get a day pass at any of the all inclusives and add great variety to their vacation.in closing, for the money CARABELA RESORT WAS WORTH IT if you are okay with being closed up and dont have small children.

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
Looking For All-inclusive Hotel

Cheap, good food, pool, beach, stuff to do/entertatinment...where have you been to?

I'm thinking $25-50 US (per person)

Going the first 1/2 of the Semana Santa week...so it's difficult to find good prices and places...........HELP ME OUT!!!!

ASAP let me know.

Thanks!

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Cheap, good food, pool, beach, stuff to do/entertatinment...where have you been to?

I'm thinking $25-50 US (per person)

Going the first 1/2 of the Semana Santa week...so it's difficult to find good prices and places...........HELP ME OUT!!!!

ASAP let me know.

Thanks!

cortecito in or palma real or villas bavaro apartment style accomodations. send me mail and i could give you website with specials for this week...