Vistors Visa

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
I am living in Puerto Plata but I am living on my vistors visa I came Jan 13,07 and the Vistors visa is only good for 60 to 90 days what will happen if I stay longer I am wanting to stay till at least June.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Your Tourist Card is only good for 14 days.

After that you pay a fine for overstaying. In addition to the $20US Departure Tax (which may or may not be included in your airline ticket depending on the air carrier) you will pay a fine of $500RD pesos for 3 months - 9 months overstay.

Gregg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Do what almost everyone else does, just stay. Pay the fine when you leave as Fireguy indicated, if they ask you to at the airport. Sometimes they don't even ask for it..... Not often mind you......

MarkGrandy

Feb 22, 2005
No more Tourist Cards ?

I just wondering where I put my Tourist card when entering in DR but then I realized that I didn't get one !

During previous visits I have fullfilled Card and received down part it, which I have returned when leaving.
This time I only fullfilled blue thin paper which officer then labeled and keep himself.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
No more Tourist Cards ?

I just wondering where I put my Tourist card when entering in DR but then I realized that I didn't get one !

During previous visits I have fullfilled Card and received down part it, which I have returned when leaving.
This time I only fullfilled blue thin paper which officer then labeled and keep himself.
You got one when you entered and then gave it back just before you left immigration (before you went to bag claim.)