how long for dominican to get a drivers license?

Sep 19, 2005
for a 20 years old who knows how to drive(cant verify parrallel parking) to go apply for a drivers license and then take the test then actually get the license assuming they pass....and they live in the greater santiago area....

Anyone have an educated guess?

I am hoping that it could be done inless than a month.....but hey it is the DR....

thanks

bob

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
45 days. Computer test, eye check, blood check the first visit.
Driving and license in hand after 45 days.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bob:

You do realize with the Driver's License, she is gonna' need a Montero to match her nails! What happened to the Pasola?

tambo'

Sep 19, 2005
its mainly for america. The word is most states will honor a dominican license if the driver isnt a resident.

she would settle for a used BMW, I am sure

bob

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
I just went for mine Jan.16th. They have English speaking staff..A translator available now who stands next to you while you take the test..An eye exam.a finger prick and blood smear to determine blood type.Then you wait for a photo and you are issued a permit good for exactly 1 year from the day you apply...First get there early and pay at the Ban Reservas all of your fees..They don't accept any cash at the license facility..Or pay the day before as I did at at any Ban Reservas branch They give you the special form for the permit and test...After 45 days you can go back with a car and take the test..NOTE: if you test in an automatic transmission you will have this typed on your license therefore you will not be able to operate anything else..If you don't have a car they have rentals available at the test site for 400 pesoes. A better choice because the vehicle is up to par with insurance and inspection and there will be no delay...If you pass go back inside with your papers , surrender your permit and a DR license will be issued....It's that easy...

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
you HAVE TO WAIT the 45 days after the initial test, to take the road tets?

bob

Yes exactly...The minimum time to wait is 45 days although you have up to a year to do it.

The 45 days is to practice driving dominican...cutting people off, running red lights...making right hand turns from the left lane...not yeilding to pedestrians,or motochoncos.ect....

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
Where do u take the road test? do I need to make appoiments? what time does it start in the morning?

GringaRubia

Sep 9, 2006
How much is the fee at the bank for the license ? Do you have to pay both at the first visit for the photo and blood test and then at the driving test 45 days later ? Do you need to have residency ?