Travel from Santiago to PR

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Hi all! Does anyone know the most cost effective way to get from Santiago to Puerto Rico, including any taxi/bus ride I must take, if necessary? I know about the ferry, but I wont be driving and it definitely seems expensive to me as well. Are there any airlines that go from DR to PR? What about from DR to Cuba? Thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You seem to be able to operate the internet so using any of countless websites for booking (Expedia is one) would reveal that AA has a daily non stop flight STI to SJU on an AT7 at 12:55 p.m. arriving 2:30.

Cubana is at the SDQ airport so I bet they fly to Cuba. COPA does as well by backtracking to Panama then to Havana. Safer than Cubana on their worst day. None of the US sites will allow you to book HAV flights, you can do so on COPA or go to the airport and pay cash to the Cubana bagman on the day of the flight if they still do it that way.

AA has a stranglehold and costs around $200 US and up each way. The ferry must be close to that and who wants to spend 13 hours or however long it takes?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
welcome back

hey everybody, the dude that left guate-mala for guate-peor is back to guate-mala again!

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't understand why traveling from Richmond to Puerto Rico is half the price of going from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico. Is American Airlines seriously the cheapest way to go on travel from DR to PR?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't understand why traveling from Richmond to Puerto Rico is half the price of going from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico. Is American Airlines seriously the cheapest way to go on travel from DR to PR?

yes, ..it's about the only way to go too.

kcl060

Dec 10, 2006
Thank! I have found a solution...It's cheaper for me to just get one ticket that includes going to PR from my hometown about a week or so before my study abroad in DR begins and then from PR to DR to get there in time for my program. Hope this helps someone else who may have been wondering about the same thing.