Land line phone question...

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Are incoming calls free on home land lines ? Both local and internationla call ? And what is the price to have a phone installed in your home/condo...are there monthly base fees or just per calls?

Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All incoming calls in the DR are free. That goes for Cell Phones also. You can get a phone for about 500 or 600 Pesos a month minimum. They have different plans. You can check at a Verizon office.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
All incoming calls in the DR are free. That goes for Cell Phones also. You can get a phone for about 500 or 600 Pesos a month minimum. They have different plans. You can check at a Verizon office.

Are incoming land line calls really free?

With VIP service they are. But with regular service I thought you were allowed so many minutes based on the plan you paid for. I just assumed that meant all minutes whether they were incoming or outgoing. I do not know for sure, as I have the VIP plan.

Don SantiagoDR

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
These minutes are for outgoing calls. Again, in the DR all incoming calls are free. No exceptions.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
I heard a Verizon/Codetel commercial on the radio yesterday offering a special on landline installation (with regards to their new division of services).

However; I can't remember what it was; :cheeky: I was too busy avoiding potholes.

dealquest

Feb 26, 2007
www.dealquest.us
The cost to install a land line

I paid 100 pesos in December 2006 for the installation of a land line with Verizon in Sosua. This was during the time they had a special.

My monthly land line charge is 495 pesos for "Renta Plan Residencial 500", which basically means I can call locally (non-cellular) free of charge for a total of 500 minutes per month if I am not mistaken.

Add on the following per month:

* Caller ID for another 80 pesos
* Line maintenance fee of 35 pesos
* 28% in total taxes

Hope this helps.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Add on the following per month:

* Caller ID for another 80 pesos

I have VIP and the extra for Call-ID is 70 pesos per month before the 28% tax.

Guess they charge more for those not paying for VIP service.

Note: The Caller-ID was FREE (Included) when I had VIP and Dial-UP, but when I changed to VIP and Flash, they said it was not included and that I would have to pay the extra if I wanted it.

I read in the news the other day that the third richest man in the world was the owner of the major telephone company in Mexico, and that Mexico has very high rates. That does not sound good for us since Verizon was bought by a Mexican company, not sure if it is the one owned by the Billionaire. It was noted that he does not believe in charity too much.

Don SantiagoDR