Can I buy Razor Wire Mesh here?

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Is razor wire mesh available here? It is a diamond patterned fence topper about 18-24 inches tall attached to metal reinforcing rods which have been bolted to a wall. Would appreciate any info about where to buy it or hear about any other interesting solutions to top my 8 foot wall with. Those guys keep coming over with their pistolas despite dog, motion lights, alarms, etc. Would prefer not to use coiled razor wire if possible. Thanks...not afraid to be creative.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Use the coiled stuff. Get a 12 ga. at Americana Ferreter?a or Bell?n

HB

Is that 12 ga razor wire or 12 ga shotgun HB?

I've been toying with the idea of bringing a couple electric fence units back next time I go to the states and then insulate one or more of the wires on the barbed wire fence top (Fence is over 7 feet high).

Side benefit would be roasted cat.
...which would eliminate the false motion sensor alarms from the little pests.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
12 Gauge shotguns have come to our minds too. They seem to be popular with other folks in the area. In terms of electric fence (we've thought of that too) do you think you need a solar backup for those really dark nights?;) How difficult (dangerous) is it to install razor coil? Does anyone have any tips on this? I used to think aesthetics were important now it's any blessed sleep
I can get. Thanks everyone for any advice.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
any help ?

Is razor wire mesh available here? It is a diamond patterned fence topper about 18-24 inches tall attached to metal reinforcing rods which have been bolted to a wall. Would appreciate any info about where to buy it or hear about any other interesting solutions to top my 8 foot wall with. Those guys keep coming over with their pistolas despite dog, motion lights, alarms, etc. Would prefer not to use coiled razor wire if possible. Thanks...not afraid to be creative.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/57207-razor-wire.html

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Broken glass around the perimiter will help, Do they sell land mines here?

I don't believe that I did it. Yep, glass and barbed wire on half of my back wall after construction sight being robbed of all copper. No yoke... 4K US for about $1 gone. I personally like the look of green, blue, clear with a little hint of tinted window glass. All broken and set into cement. The line of barbed wire adds that additional note of "not welcome".

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In terms of electric fence (we've thought of that too) do you think you need a solar backup for those really dark nights?;)

With an electric fence I would suggest using a solar charger as the lightening seems to be attractive to these fences when connected to regular house hold current.

That way if it gets hit, your house wiring and aplliances do not take the hit also.

So the 12 Volt DC model is in my opinion, the best option.

PS:
Don't forget to incase the unit and charger in steel bars to prevent theft.. lol

Don SantiagoDR

Lisa8018

May 5, 2009
hi, I am Lisa, we are the manufacture with producing the razor wire mesh, we have many blade sizes, if you have some requirement, please contact me freely, our website:www.fence-series.com my email:wire-product@hotmail.com(MSN)mobile: 0086-018903212867 waiting for you some message

Best regards

Lisa

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
12 Gauge shotguns have come to our minds too. They seem to be popular with other folks in the area. In terms of electric fence (we've thought of that too) do you think you need a solar backup for those really dark nights?;) How difficult (dangerous) is it to install razor coil? Does anyone have any tips on this? I used to think aesthetics were important now it's any blessed sleep
I can get. Thanks everyone for any advice.
There are companies who sell/install the stuff. (No danger to you LOL)

Last edited: