Paying The "FINE" For Overstaying In The DR

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since I have lived in the DR for over 10 years,and am not a Resident,I have to pay a "FINE" when I leave the country. In the "old Days" is was about 30 pesos for staying a year or so. Now it is a lot more. Since I have be "in country" for about 18 months without leaving,the "POSTED" fine is now about 4,500 pesos! "Too Much" for me to want to pay! Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago. When the immagration officer saw the notes,she said,"What is this?" I told her I wanted to pay my fine to her. she took the 2000,removed the "little Card" from my passport,stamped my an exit,and I was on my way to Boston! I saw her later as I was waiting for my flight. She came over and talked with me for a while, wished me a "Safe Trip" and a "Speedy Return"! She had a big smile on her face!

"What a Country!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So CC you need to get out of the country more often!!
I just pay the fine (never more than 400 pesos) for a 5 1/2 month stay!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Since I have lived in the DR for over 10 years,and am not a Resident,I have to pay a "FINE" when I leave the country. In the "old Days" is was about 30 pesos for staying a year or so. Now it is a lot more. Since I have be "in country" for about 18 months without leaving,the "POSTED" fine is now about 4,500 pesos! "Too Much" for me to want to pay! Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago. When the immagration officer saw the notes,she said,"What is this?" I told her I wanted to pay my fine to her. she took the 2000,removed the "little Card" from my passport,stamped my an exit,and I was on my way to Boston! I saw her later as I was waiting for my flight. She came over and talked with me for a while, wished me a "Safe Trip" and a "Speedy Return"! She had a big smile on her face!

"What a Country!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Too funny.
So did you get her number?
Are you going to take her out dancing, ya ole' dawg?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Why don't you just get your Dominican Republic papers?

That costs even more......

As a resident, you have to renew every two years,
....the cost breaks down to around $2,000 +/- pesos a year, and that was at last count!

But then, there are side benefits to being a resident, such as paying alot (MUCHO DINERO) every year for renewing one's gun permit, and of having a Dominican driver's license....

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago.

True Dominican style would have to had only put one 1,000 peso note in the passport.

Now that the passport visa cards are history, all computerized now, it may be more of a problem to accomplish this.

Don SantiagoDR

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You maybe right rocky but the math still doesn't add up right. If he had paid 500 pesos to the immigration lady then he would still have 1500 pesos left over for 3 young hookers (500 each).
AZB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You maybe right rocky but the math still doesn't add up right. If he had paid 500 pesos to the immigration lady then he would still have 1500 pesos left over for 3 young hookers (500 each).
AZB
Just can't argue with your logic, Aftab....

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Sick Puppies ...

Back on topic, not hookers boys ....

I recently left the country - my residence expired in 2004 and I haven't gotten it renewed (it's on my list of things to do). Haven't left the country in over two years. Didn't pay a dime. I wasn't even asked for a dime. Just stamp and go. :bunny:

Stay well,
Amy

Sep 19, 2005
maybe she just took your word you owed the fine and IT WAS 2000 Pesos!!!!!!!!!!

the women usually havent been the hard azzes at the airport I have found.

bob

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "FINES" Are Posted At Each Booth!

And I did have a Computerized card in my passport stating the date I entered the country. Last time the fine was about 6,000 pesos and I gave the pretty young girl at "La Migra" a crisp $100 dollar bill,for stamping my visa! And I DID get HER phone number!!!!!!! ;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "FINES" Are Posted At Each Booth!

And I did have a Computerized card in my passport stating the date I entered the country. Last time the fine was about 6,000 pesos and I gave the pretty young girl at "La Migra" a crisp $100 dollar bill,for stamping my visa! And I DID get HER phone number!!!!!!! ;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
In POP the fines are not posted

in every booth! To top it off, you pay your overstay right at the booth with no official receipt. It always made me wonder, if this was correct???