Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paying The "FINE" For Overstaying In The DR

Since I have lived in the DR for over 10 years,and am not a Resident,I have to pay a "FINE" when I leave the country. In the "old Days" is was about 30 pesos for staying a year or so. Now it is a lot more. Since I have be "in country" for about 18 months without leaving,the "POSTED" fine is now about 4,500 pesos! "Too Much" for me to want to pay! Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago. When the immagration officer saw the notes,she said,"What is this?" I told her I wanted to pay my fine to her. she took the 2000,removed the "little Card" from my passport,stamped my an exit,and I was on my way to Boston! I saw her later as I was waiting for my flight. She came over and talked with me for a while, wished me a "Safe Trip" and a "Speedy Return"! She had a big smile on her face!

"What a Country!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

So CC you need to get out of the country more often!!
    I just pay the fine (never more than 400 pesos) for a 5 1/2 month stay!!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Since I have lived in the DR for over 10 years,and am not a Resident,I have to pay a "FINE" when I leave the country. In the "old Days" is was about 30 pesos for staying a year or so. Now it is a lot more. Since I have be "in country" for about 18 months without leaving,the "POSTED" fine is now about 4,500 pesos! "Too Much" for me to want to pay! Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago. When the immagration officer saw the notes,she said,"What is this?" I told her I wanted to pay my fine to her. she took the 2000,removed the "little Card" from my passport,stamped my an exit,and I was on my way to Boston! I saw her later as I was waiting for my flight. She came over and talked with me for a while, wished me a "Safe Trip" and a "Speedy Return"! She had a big smile on her face!

"What a Country!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Too funny.
    So did you get her number?
    Are you going to take her out dancing, ya ole' dawg?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you just get your Dominican Republic papers?

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Why don't you just get your Dominican Republic papers?
    That costs even more......

As a resident, you have to renew every two years,
    ....the cost breaks down to around $2,000 +/- pesos a year, and that was at last count!

But then, there are side benefits to being a resident, such as paying alot (MUCHO DINERO) every year for renewing one's gun permit, and of having a Dominican driver's license....

Don SantiagoDR

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    Just to let anyone in a similar position know,you can pay the fine,"Dominican style"! Before I passed through through Immigration,I put two 1000 peso notes in my passport, next to the little card that was stapled on one of the pages when I entered the DR 18 months ago.
    True Dominican style would have to had only put one 1,000 peso note in the passport.

Now that the passport visa cards are history, all computerized now, it may be more of a problem to accomplish this.

Don SantiagoDR

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

she would have done it for 500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    she would have done it for 500
    Maybe even 499, but CC's a generous guy, and she did go over and chat him up, and I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut he got a date with her....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You maybe right rocky but the math still doesn't add up right. If he had paid 500 pesos to the immigration lady then he would still have 1500 pesos left over for 3 young hookers (500 each).
    AZB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    You maybe right rocky but the math still doesn't add up right. If he had paid 500 pesos to the immigration lady then he would still have 1500 pesos left over for 3 young hookers (500 each).
    AZB
    Just can't argue with your logic, Aftab....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast