Why am I here?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
How to make it short? We've been coming to the D.R. for many years and now live here. Not easy. But why? I have to remind myself, and I did today:

We have two Mocking birds that wake us up in the morning and sing to us every evening. Thier song of day has come and end is...
The Sea changes and reminds me of how small I am on its' proud days and how foregiving I should be on its' calm days.
I can't sleep with the noise in the night, a calf... a colt/philly (?) being born in the field next door. I see them in the morning, looking for something to be mad about. And I get to see something new.
People. Unknown to me and make me afraid. Most just passing by to the lemon tree... and many to retouch what I've recently found.

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
well you have to look at the positives vs the negatives and whichever outweighs the other shall help you make the decision as to whether you should stay or go...

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
How to make it short? We've been coming to the D.R. for many years and now live here. Not easy. But why? I have to remind myself, and I did today:

We have two Mocking birds that wake us up in the morning and sing to us every evening. Thier song of day has come and end is...
The Sea changes and reminds me of how small I am on its' proud days and how foregiving I should be on its' calm days.
I can't sleep with the noise in the night, a calf... a colt/philly (?) being born in the field next door. I see them in the morning, looking for something to be mad about. And I get to see something new.
People. Unknown to me and make me afraid. Most just passing by to the lemon tree... and many to retouch what I've recently found.

Very nice Ringo, I enjoyed it very much and hope you don't mind that I've copied it for future reference.

Regards,
Jack

andrewc52002

Feb 6, 2007

Ringo,
question: Do you like it or not ?
Tks

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo,
question: Do you like it or not ?
Tks

We are in our 4th year of construction and live on in apartment on the sight. The first constractor was a ..., we have had to redo a large amount. The sight has been robbed.

We have 3 litigations that have been on going for over 1 year with one case being ruled in the D.R. Superior Court in our favor. (We have won the others, but the other side has not said "Uncle".)

We have a 200 year old home in New England that I restored over a five year period. I have not been to it, or left the D.R. in two years.

Now, read my original post again. (Ya, I like it.)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
well you have to look at the positives vs the negatives and whichever outweighs the other shall help you make the decision as to whether you should stay or go...

I said nothing about "going". It was about staying.