dominican personals

Sep 19, 2005
found this link at a Colonial Zone website.

Browse the Amigos.com Listings--

take a look at the number of resgistered dominicans!!!!!!!!!!

says a lot if you ask me

very interesting that so many latin american or spanish speaking countries have such a huge number listed

bob

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Does it say how many men and women? My tour guide in SD said there are 70% women and the rest are men in the DR. Is this true? So, Dominican men must have to work pretty hard to be with Dominican women and tourists in addition ;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
eh..i poked around a bit....and it looks like a scam.

At first i was impressed...seemed like it might be a cool way to meet some people (not just for dating...but who knows...pen pals even..or someone to hang with on my nexdt trip). BUT...They want 40 bucks just for a one month trial.

Ok...tell me this...how many working (and or decent) dominicans in DR are going to shell out 1200 pesos a month for this service?

too bad tho..looked like it might be a cool way to meet people.

(oh..and avora...there were pleanty of men seeking men as well..or men seeking men or women) poke around a bit...but stop as soon as they ask to ugrade you.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
Does it say how many men and women? My tour guide in SD said there are 70% women and the rest are men in the DR. Is this true? So, Dominican men must have to work pretty hard to be with Dominican women and tourists in addition ;)

here ya go from the link to Dominican Republic

53,322 Listings in Dominican Republic--

I wonder how many of the 34K men that are seeking women...are SANKIES!! ha ha ha

I had thought the DR had a mind boggling number until i saw a few south american countrys with HUNDREDS of thousands of people.

bob

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
The deepest desire of Dominican Woman is to meet a responsible man who will love and respect her and be honest and faithful to her

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
amigos.com is real. It's no scam. That's not to say there aren't some disingenuous folks on there, however, like any other matchmaking site.

It's a division of the largest matchmaking site on the www.

C

Chip00

The deepest desire of Dominican Woman is to meet a responsible man who will love and respect her and be honest and faithful to her

He might say this toungue and cheek but the truth is (this from living with a dominican women for 7 years and living in the DR for the last year) is that many dominican women value the following things more than looks like: stability, nonviolent, good provider, intelligent. Not only that there is a certain attraction to those of "fairer skin". Put this together with the fact that there are certainly a large number who just want to get to NY and you can see why there might be so many girls that are members.

Therefore, this is good for all of you ugly, potbellied old codgers, myself included, to have a chance to marry a real bombshell that wouldn't mind you any business back home!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
These types of sites are very popular here. Just look at Hi5.com, Badoo.com etc etc. They both have 1000's of Dominicans on the site. I know many Dominicans that have profiles on these sites. It's called "Social Networking" ;)

Amigos.com has been around for years and is popular here, especially as it's free to add profiles etc etc.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Therefore, this is good for all of you ugly, potbellied old codgers, myself included, to have a chance to marry a real bombshell that wouldn't mind you any business back home!
I want YOUR potbelly, old codger...:cheeky:

But what you say is true: many Dominican women do NOT want what they see in many Dominican men: drinkers, liars, abusers and cheats. I call it "Dominicana Feminism". They want a quiet, loving home to raise a family in peace, harmony and traditional family values. Many see foreigners having more of those values*, too, in addition to a better economic base.

*which is pretty funny considering some of the tourists come to the DR to chase putas...:bunny:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Don't let your wife read this Chip! :bandit: