Wanted: Sales and marketing (Dominican female)

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
Candidate: Dominican Female

Qualifications: We need someone that is fluent in English (spoken and written) and either has sales and marketing experience and/or has experience in the education field.

Job Description: Sales and marketing for a new not for profit environmental company located in Sosua and serving the north coast.

Salary: DOE range: 10,000 ? 20,000 monthly to start + bonus? and traveling expenses.

Interested candidates should PM me for further details and to organize an interview.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Note:
"Must be young, pretty, with a good figure, and willing to wear provocative clothing around the office. Willing to work long hours including evenings."

Why does it have to be a female?
Whilst I do not believe that THOSE criteria entered into Jackieboo's thoughts JD, I do have to concur with your question. By limiting the interview process to FEMALE ONLY, one is reducing the potential suitable candidate by 50% at least. During the 'Interview/Selection' of other candidates, one might find alternative ways for candidates to function within the organisation & thereby increase the sales potential considerably.

Further, whilst I TOTALLY approve of the position being AWARDED to a Dominican, limiting the applicants to Dominican would rule out other avenues for investigation that the employer might not yet have considered! Why rule out someone with all the contacts necessary to the company whom one could 'employ' on a commission only basis by limiting applications to 'FEMALE' & 'Dominican'? This reduces the potential 'suitable' candidates who could help 'Promote' the company's marketing to the community by at least 65%! ~ Grahame.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If I'm offering a job, I feel it's my right to be as descriptive and as selective as I want. Especially if I have to work with that person and their wages are coming out of my pocket. Would I post "slim female, attractive, great body, smart etc" no, but that doesn't mean it's not part of my selection criteria ;)

If someone has a problem with that, go look for another job.
Actually, that's one thing I love about being an employer here, I can ask for exactly what I need, without any "politically correct" BS interfering with the selection process.

jackieboo, I also suggest you post this in the classifieds section and be as descriptive and selective as you want :)

DR1 - Classifieds

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert,
In NO way was I challenging Jackieboo's RIGHT to list the position as he sees fit!

In NO way did I make reference to "Political Correctness".

I do not see why you should bring either of those into your post! Are you perhaps trying to make this confrontational when it isn't??:confused:

My post simply related to the 'sense' of this - especially in a start up company where exposure & communication is of an essence. As I am not looking for a job this comment too has no bearing to what I wrote. :ermm:

Finally, I have met with Jackieboo to talk about his project, maybe I could be allowed to put some thoughts in front of him in a non-confrontational way?;)

Lee,
I am sure YOU understand what I am saying here, & why. I look forward to hearing how the meetings went yesterday! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry JD - I meant to include that I had not noticed any of those points in YOUR post either, but neglected to do so!:nervous:

By the way, I appreciated the implied humour in your post! :laugh: ~ Grahame.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
"'this is a womans world.........

quite right one does not have to be pc here.though by hiring a piece of eye candy to do a professional job?may back fire on the employer.
i have applied for a nbr of jobs here(yes i know im leaving myself open to wise cracks)and KNOW i dident get them based purely on the fact that i am male.
im not too into being pc myself,the world is complicated enough as it is.
but sometimes ad's written such as the above (ALMOST)are stating employee/easy chick required to..........well you know what i mean.
hope you select the right ''LADY''.;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I do not see why you should bring either of those into your post! Are you perhaps trying to make this confrontational when it isn't??:confused:

Are you perhaps trying to find something that doesn't exist?

jackieboo, your get a better response by posting in the classifieds.

Goog luck!

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Oh, Venus!

Note:
"Must be young, pretty, with a good figure, and willing to wear provocative clothing around the office. Willing to work long hours including evenings."

Why does it have to be a female?

It shouldn't have to, but it seems most male employers feel more comfortable with women secretaries the same way I'd feel more comfortable with a female; Nurse, hairstylist, maid, school teacher, gynecologist for my wife, and many other female-dominated professions.
Though it's certain that either gender can perform with equal ability, I wouldn't want a male masseuse to "perform" on me.

On the practical side, Jackieboo, by excluding males and foreigners, you're reducing/limiting your potential for a really good candidate. .. But it's your crap-shoot! Good luck and thanks again for all your efforts!