We finally made it!!!!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We arrived on Tuesday, and the last few days have been a mix of emotions... Leaving a couple of big dogs in Canada with a friend, and the kids and grandkids was a roller coaster of laughter and tears, but arriving here has been amazing. The sights and sounds have been a bit overwhelming. Thank all of you who offered opinions and knowledge on some of my I am sure bizarre questions, or at least asked before. All assistance has been and I am sure will be continued to be appreciated. The next few weeks/months etc will continue to be a great learning adventure that we are looking forward too.
Didn't even feel bad about missing a blizzard back in Ontario Canada.
Again thanks to one and all.....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Welcome indeed Spicedwine -
may all your impending frustrations be easily surmountable ones & may we see your enthusiasm continue.

How soon do the dogs come down to be with you??

I am sure the 'Kids' & Grandkids will need Mum/Grandma to do the washing fairly soon & will be down to get it all done one fine drying day!! :cheeky: :bunny: ~ Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Welcome aboard. Go slow in all business dealings, ask around.
Keep shark (human version) repellent handy when doing deals.

Do have fun. Get out and about. You can have a marvelous time...

HB

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Welcome

Glad you have arrived after all your anticipation. Hope we can meet soon when we return this spring. Keep asking us all any questions .

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Congrat's

We look forward to being there shortly ourselves. O and BTW just to make ur day the winter storm was very cold and snowy.:tired:

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
In what part of the country are you staying and for how long? What brings you to DR?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We are near Sosua, and we are here for "awhile", life and a dream brings us, my ability to adapt will keep us... my dogs will be staying in Canada, but we brought a little one, I have never been here before, but it is beautiful and the people I have encountered have all been gracious with my lack of language skills, I look forward to learning and remembering why we came, embracing the change not arguing with it..... Thanks to one and all for all your replies and encouragement.... I will be needing it for the days to come....