Buying a new Toyota

gini

Dec 12, 2005
Assuming this is not easy to find a reliable second hand car in DR, where can I find the prices of new cars ?

I have tried Supercarros but the datas seem obsolete (2003)

I'm specially interested by the basic models Toyota. Which ones are avalaible in DR ? Yaris ? Auris ? Corolla ? and what about the warranty ? In Belgium, Toyota offers 5 years or 150.000 Kms full warranty... is this a dream in DR :cheeky:

Thanks !

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Assuming this is not easy to find a reliable second hand car in DR, where can I find the prices of new cars ?

I have tried Supercarros but the datas seem obsolete (2003)

I'm specially interested by the basic models Toyota. Which ones are avalaible in DR ? Yaris ? Auris ? Corolla ? and what about the warranty ? In Belgium, Toyota offers 5 years or 150.000 Kms full warranty... is this a dream in DR :cheeky:

Thanks !
Delta Commercial are the main Toyota importers.
You should be able to get their number from information.
You can forget 5 year guarantees, at least, to the best of my knowledge, however I'm sure they will have some guarantee, but I doubt it's 5 years.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Delta Toyota in Santiago. 809-576-1200

They give a 3 year or 100,000 KM guarantee. Ask for sales. If you want someone that speaks English ask for the service manager Francisco. He can help you.
Be prepared to pay about 20% over list price in the States.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

They give a 3 year or 100,000 KM guarantee. Ask for sales. If you want someone that speaks English ask for the service manager Francisco. He can help you.
That would be good news.
I thought it was approx. +40%.
I can remember the days when it was +150% and no guarantees.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Do they really honor manufacturer warranties on new cars here... the same way they do in the states... reliable repairs, no deductible, decent (usually) service, etc...

gini

Dec 12, 2005

Finally I have found a list price on Supercarros, not in the section "Carros nuevos" but in "Carros Usados" from year 2007 to 2007 ! strange dominican way of thinking :cheeky:

and you're right, it's also about 20% over list price in Europe

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Do they really honor manufacturer warranties on new cars here... the same way they do in the states... reliable repairs, no deductible, decent (usually) service, etc...

The place we are talking about honors the warranty with less hassle than in the States. They just get it fixed and no bill.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you read my post again, I said 20% over List. In the States you never pay list price for a car. So I would say that it is closer to 30% or more difference from the US.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you read my post again, I said 20% over List. In the States you never pay list price for a car. So I would say that it is closer to 30% or more difference from the US.
I saw that.
I just wondered if the prices in Europe are approx. 20% more than the US.
I know it varies from country to country, according to taxes, and it also varies on the brands.
It's not an exact science, by any means.
Most of what I deal with here is Toyota & Honda, and it's been my experience that the new ones run 40% over the US prices.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We paid appox 25% over what we think is the list price in the US for our new 2007 RAV4

Bob K

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
You see more and more Daihatsu Terioses these days. Toyota actually uses the Terios engine in their small model. I've had one for almost 3 years, and it's been perfect. I think it cost about 15K US new. If the Toyota is too expensive, the Terios is a great alternative. It has that great Japanese engineering and quality. - D

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
You see more and more Daihatsu Terioses these days. Toyota actually uses the Terios engine in their small model. I've had one for almost 3 years, and it's been perfect. I think it cost about 15K US new. If the Toyota is too expensive, the Terios is a great alternative. It has that great Japanese engineering and quality. - D

gini

Dec 12, 2005
I saw that.
I just wondered if the prices in Europe are approx. 20% more than the US.
I know it varies from country to country, according to taxes, and it also varies on the brands.
It's not an exact science, by any means.
Most of what I deal with here is Toyota & Honda, and it's been my experience that the new ones run 40% over the US prices.

I can't confirm the differences between US and european prices, but you're right ! in Europe it varies A LOT (sometimes more than 30 %) according to taxes, but not only ! there is nothing rational in that sector!!

I have compared DR and Belgian prices for a RAV4 and they are the same (36000 US$/27000 ?) but for a basic model like Yaris, DR price is 21900$ (16466? at 1.33$/1?) and belgian price is approx 14000?...all list prices

gini

Dec 12, 2005

The cheapest new Daihatsu Terios on Supercarros is 20700 US$ and, surprise : 23260 US$ (17490?) in Belgium :ermm: seek the error !

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I drove a Terios and they do seem like alot of vehicle for the money...solid feel, decent fit and finish, smooth engine,etc...but I cant get past the narrow look.. they seem like mini-cars (suvs)...

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I drove a Terios and they do seem like alot of vehicle for the money...solid feel, decent fit and finish, smooth engine,etc...but I cant get past the narrow look.. they seem like mini-cars (suvs)...

They are narrow, but that has not been a problem. I'm 6'3'' and I have plenty of room, and we usually have 3 kids in the back, but 3 adults can squeeze in without too much trouble. It's alot of bang for the buck.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that prices in Europe are already +20% to American prices, except maybe for some locally manufactured cars. (Beemers, etc)

Despite the common market retail prices vary geographically. SUV's definitely cost 15 to 25% more compared to the US. I can't imagine smaller car prices would cost you 20% up.