Movie Hotline at Playa Dorada

BAMullins

Oct 28, 2004
www.dominicancrossroads.com
The guy who reads the titles and times for the movies speaks really fast, and apparently while eating, since I can barely make out a word he is saying. Even my Dominican friends shake their heads in puzzlement.

Would someone be so kind as to call the hotline (809-320-1400), listen to the message, and post the titles and times for us. They change the movies every Thursday afternoon (other than Sanky Panky, which may be permanent :ermm: ), so a posting on Fridays would be great.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I just had a listen - they are playing Catch & Release (Jennifer Garner) and Ghost Rider (Nicolas Cage). The times were a bit fast but I believe Catch & Release is on at 8.45pm during the week and 9pm at the weekend. Ghost Rider is on at 9pm during the week and 7.15pm and 9.30pm at the weekend. They are also playing Charlotte's web but I expect it won't be in English. Sanky Panky is still on!!!

What helped me get the names was by catching the name of the main actor in the film and then looking up their latest films on the internet. I then called back again and listened for words I recognised!!! Not the easiest way to do it but it did work.

I can't promise to post each week but if you do want me to, please let me know.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Would someone be so kind as to call the hotline (809-320-1400), listen to the message, and post the titles and times for us. They change the movies every Thursday afternoon (other than Sanky Panky, which may be permanent :ermm: ), so a posting on Fridays would be great.

Why call a hotline which you don't understand when there are adverts every week in the print version of El Faro which you can read, with times posted in numbers for easy comprehension? Plus pictures so you can work out which film it is............

You don't read El Faro? What about Puerto Plata Digital? If you click on Cine you get
Puerto Plata Digital

You can access this every day of the week and you can do it for yourself. No need to ask others to make a call for you. Makes you independent rather than dependent..................;)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Why call a hotline which you don't understand when there are adverts every week in the print version of El Faro which you can read, with times posted in numbers for easy comprehension? Plus pictures so you can work out which film it is............

You don't read El Faro? What about Puerto Plata Digital? If you click on Cine you get
Puerto Plata Digital

You can access this every day of the week and you can do it for yourself. No need to ask others to make a call for you. Makes you independent rather than dependent..................;)

Oh I love that independent rather than dependent, but now you took away the chance for Nikki Simon to charge a cold one the next time.lol:cheeky:

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
Thanks Lambada for the info. I have been struggling for ages to understand the message service at Cinemar! I don't get El Faro but I will now use the website.

spaceman

Jan 5, 2006
The link does not seem to have been updated since a month, and the hotline is not working, does anybody know if there is a reason for this? Thanks

C

Chip00

Theatres #1 and #3 Spiderman 3 7:00 and 9:15, #2 Yuniol 2 7:15 and 9.

My question - how do you guys get Spiderman before us in Santiago - that ain't right I tell you!!!!! :)