Apartments/Temp Living in Santa Domingo

mrlactose

Mar 19, 2007
I'm new to the forum, I apologize if this has been posted ad naseum!

My wife and I are trying to living in or around Santa Domingo from early July to late August of this year, and we need some serious recommendations.

1.) Where's the best place to live in Santa Domingo for a young married couple out to have some modest fun in a hip part of town? My wife wants to do some medical relief work, and I work remotely for a company in California, so I need internet access.

2.) Are there any internet sources I should check for apartment rentals? What should I know about the process and what we're getting into?

3.) Any general advice for a 2 month stay?

Thanks in advance to any advice givers, you're efforts are MUCH appreciated. Just so you know a little about us (maybe it would help with good advice?), I'm 28 and my wife is 27, we're both pretty cosmopolitan (love good food, good music, coffee shops, jazz, and sometimes dancing) with expat attitudes about the US. We'd want access to internet from "home", and home would ideally be in the center of the coolest spot in town!

Thanks again!!! Can't wait to get down there (we're in Boston and it's FREEZING)!

Cheers,
Matt

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Just Curious" as to what you think are "EXPAT ATTITUDES" about the US???

They might not be what you expect!

The "Colonial" or "University" zones might be what you are looking for. Lots of "stuff" to see and do. "Nightlife",and supermarkets,museums,and you won't need the added expense of a car! Bet you could live well for $2000 US a month!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCris Colon

mrlactose

Mar 19, 2007
expat - as in the USA ain't the place to be!

Thanks for the reply Chris!

When I say "expat attitude", I pretty much mean that living somewhere other than the USA right now would be a pretty good idea (at least until Jan of 2009 when Bush is gone!).

Thanks for the advice, we'll look around the University or Colonial area to start. Do you think $2000/mo is pretty reasonable to live in Santa Domingo?

Thanks again!