Expat Hang Outs in Santo Domingo

DropZone

Jan 17, 2007
This is my first DR1 post. Thanks to all the regular posters. These forums have already been a great help to me.

I'll be in Gazcue, Santo Domingo, for about two weeks starting Friday. I'm interested in meeting American or other English speaking expats to learn more about living in the DR. (I give financial advice to people who haven't planned well for their retirement.)

Is there a place in Santo Domingo where expats hang out?

Thanks,
David

DropZone

Jan 17, 2007
Americans, Englishmen here? What are you talking about man??? In the resorts area you can meet some of them. But living in the DR?

ECM & Robert: I will check out Pacos and had planned on mostly hanging out in the Colonial Zone. Thanks.

Rosario: I want to meet expats both out of curiosity about their experience as well as to assess the DR as a potential retirement location for lower income Americans. I know a Spanish speaking couple that is considering retiring in either Panama or Chile. I know others approaching retirement with little savings and expected social security payments of under $2,000 USD per month.

Meeting someone who has actually retired in the DR on just social security would give me insight.

Dave