Dual Lnb Satellite Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
I had a post on here a couple of days ago concerning my FTA Pansat 2700A satellite receiver. Let me clarify a few things because I really could use some help. I have one 6 foot dish with dual LNB's. Echo 7 comes in very clear but, the only channels on this satellite are Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. All of the other channels are now oon Echo 8.10 which used to be 8.6. On Echo 7 I am receiving a 99% quality rating with no problems unless it is raining very hard. However, on Eco 8.10 I am receiving 25 to 44% quality with problems of channels going in and out from early morning until evening, and if it gets cloudy or the wind is blowing you can forget watching anything. If I rcall the majority of the channels used to be on Echo 7. What happened? In closing, is there anything that I can do to solve my problem, or I am stuck with my situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Crane

scotpgot

May 26, 2004
www.jazzwriter.com
I'm no expert but . . .

I do have the same type of setup you have (except we have two dishes). It sounds to me like the eyes are misaligned. I use a bluejay receiver and you are right, most of the channels do come in on Echo7.

On a separate note, it might also be the switch that brings the two lines to one line to your tv (in my case a SW21). We have had a lot of problems with this switch due to humidity and the salt air. If you are sure the eyes and dish are aligned correctly, you might try replacing this switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.