Low season

Status
Not open for further replies.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hi Everyone,

FOR a Canadian and certainly for other countries travellers we have to deal with high/low seasons prices allmost every year. You know in the
MY QUESTION IS :
is there a low seasons in North coast DR where the prices of everything slowing down and you can try to involve in more activities.
For exemple : are the price for an entrance to Ocean World? or a meal on the malecon is cheaper from what date to what date.
To reassure all of you I am not a ?scrooge? and I travel much a lot in DR. But I simply want to have the right opinion from the right people.Thanks in advance.
Oh BTW, I am coming back next april-may.

Holacanada from la belle ville de Qu?bec :cheeky:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Low season starts right after Semana Santa, about the second week of April and lasts till November...with the best "deals" at hotels, restaurants, car rentals, etc, usually offered in May and October. I doubt if Ocean World will offer a discount, but who knows...

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
Which months are the beaches more swimable? I was in DR in December the waves seemed to be more stronger. There were a lot of mosquities in a certain beach that I went to in December, but by January the mosquities seemed gone?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, for the tight Canadians, you will be happy to know that after April 06/ the prices well be down and you can get bargain basement prices, however the Hotels will adjust the quality and service to accommodate these tight, sorry frugal cheep Canadians.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I take offense to the low ball comment made towards Canadians. Not all Canadians are frugal and cheap. Don't paint us all with the same brush. The same could be said about Americans, Brits, Germans, etc...

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
I profondly agree with curlyq. Maybe Gringo didn't took his pills at the time he wrote his angree thread.
And I remark he didn't answer to my simple question yet.

From Quebec city

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I have been travelling in April for many years now and have not found the prices to be much cheaper than other months, with the exception of March break and Christmas. As well, I have found the resorts do not adjust the quality and services they offer. It would not serve them well to do so just because its low season. We pay for the same services that another would pay for during high season. The difference would be less crowds on the beach and in the restuarants. I prefer a relaxing holiday and don't like to fight for beach space.

Status
Not open for further replies.