Dominicans in Oxon Hill, MD???

lucyq5

Mar 20, 2007
In desperate need of a Dominican Hair Salon in Maryland!!!

Hi everyone,

I just got relocated by my job to Oxon Hill, MD and I am in desperate need of a Hair Stylist. Oxon Hill is near Silver Springs and Upper Marlboro areas. It is also close to D.C. and Alexandria, VA. If anyone knows of Dominican Hair Salons in the area please let me know!!!!

Lucyq5

lucyq5

Mar 20, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just got relocated by my job to Oxon Hill, MD and I am trying to find out where I can go and meet some Dominicans. Also I am looking for a 'bodega' where i can buy my platanos and sazones. Oxon Hill is near Silver Springs and Upper Marlboro areas. It is also close to D.C. and Alexandria, VA. If anyone knows of Dominicans in the area or where I can shop for some food please let me know!!!!

lucyq5

dcdominican

Jan 25, 2007
Hola, lucyq5

I have lived in the Washington, DC area for about 6 years now. There is no major Dominican community in the DC/Baltimore area like there are in other larger cites. Dominicans are here but have not not established a significant community presence.

The Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights area of DC has a large Latin community, but mostly comprises of individuals from Mexico and Central/South America.

Check out the Group of Professionals in Washington, DC (GDP-Wash), folks in that group maybe a good resource to find Dominican-oriented businesses in the DC area. Their website can be found here: Group of Dominican Professionals in Washington, D.C.

I hope this helps.

-Omar Miguel

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I know a Dominican in Alexandria -- my wife.

Her cousins all live in Silver Spring, where reputedly there is s growing Dominican presence. I'll ask them next time if they know a good bodega in their area. They used to live in Adams-Morgan, but like many Dominicans who once congregated there, decided to move into the burbs where they could actually buy a house.

There are a few Dominicans in and around Woodbridge, VA, I hear. The fellow who would know for sure hasn't been on this board in months.

lucyq5

Mar 20, 2007
re: Dominicans in Oxon Hill

Thanks for the replies! Any names of businesses in the area would be well appreciated. Thank you for the locations to look into!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there is a beauty parlor at 2318 18th st that has dominican beauticians. they have lived here for a while and can give you some info. if i find the number i will post it for you...

morenalx

Mar 22, 2007
Hi there are two really good hair salons in Silver Spring. Take the red line to Silver spring and walk towards the huge shopping area. Keep walking till you see a turtle statue on the left. On that block (on both sides) are two or three dominican hair salons.. i've been to both. They aren't as cheap as NYC but the quality is just the same.. hope this helps